Sign in to follow this  
pipper

Connecting in VATSIM with FS2004 and SB Host

Hi guys.....I am an experienced VATSIM pilot previously using FS2002. Now that I have FS2004, I can't seem to connect to VATSIM anymore despite my best efforts. I have read the manual for connecting up using FS2004, but I keep getting error messages (and offering to send the problem to MS !) when I use Host SB.dll., so I can't go that route. I have yet to read how to use SB Host, FS2004, Squawkbox, and SB relay. I need this information. This is what I do now using SB Host:Start SB relay-NP here, it connects fine.Start FS2004 and set up multiplayer as I did in FS2002-NP here.Start SB Host-NPStart Squawkbox-NPI get as far as the connect tab, but when I attempt to connect, I consistently get a "wrong callsign" message in black. I have updated the server list, triple checked my callsign and VATSIm number and password, and still I can't connect using using SB Host. Anybody know the sequence of using SB Host or have ideas why I keep getting error messages about my callsign?Cheers.......Pipper

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

OK, problem solved.When I kept getting the "invalid callsign or password" notification, I got suspicious about my VATSIM password. Seems that I thought I changed it last week,and even went as far as submitting a change. So it never occured to me to verify my OLD password. That is, until tonight. I simply used the VATSIM ID verication, and lo and behold, my original password was NOT changed, and so I plugged that one in, and HOORAY!!!!!!! It all worked. Of course, I had to change it on AVC too, but that was easy. At last a happy ending!Cya, Pipper