Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Anybody having trouble connecting to AVC?

For the past few days, several times I have not been able to make connection to various ATC Controllers. I know I am not the only one now, as I just saw a considerable bit of text on Unicom between other parties having this problem. (Yea, I know they were not supposed to be doing that unless by private ".MSG". I was glad to find out that I wasn't the only person seeing this though.The other day, after a pause for a few moments I got an audio beep along with an error message that honestly I don't remember exactly what it said. In the AVC window, nothing was ever shown.Today, I never got the beep, but once I got a message telling me either that I wasn't on a server, or not on the proper server. (don't remember exactly what the wording was).Each controller in question does have voice capability. In fact I asked in the text window and had this confirmed (by text).In all cases, I can connect to some ATC controllers, and not others. Today, I could not connect to Chicago Center, or approach. I went ahead and connected to Jacksonville Center and it played fine even though I was way out of his territory. Then I went back to Chicago, and it played fine through the completion of my flight.May be time to go back and try Roger Wilco again and see if there is any similar problem there.What gives?RTH

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!