Sign in to follow this  
Guest camtech

WOW..learning curve

Guest camtech

Hello folks out there I decided to try vatsim and see what I was missing, and after a week of loading everything up, all I can say that there is a tremendous learning curve with all that software you have to load.I have read all of the manuals in vatsim, and I have a few questions so please forgive my ignorants.1. After you are up and running, looking at your plane and you got it running in a bay ready for taxi, I get confused on how to contact atc, do I need to put the freq. of the airport that im at. I use a boom mike and can here other people talking but im not for sure if they can here me. Im sure I have everything hooked up right, (yeah you do)2. How do you keep all these windows in order, I mean you have Sbrelay, Fsnav, AVC, Avc tuner, Servinfo. Etc. I run three coms in a net and do all of these programs work with Widefs.3. also when you are an observer how can you monitor what is going on, do you just listen or can you listen and observe, I have Fsnav and if you connect to multiplayer I can see other planes on the map, but when I look outside my plane I see no one, I believe I have the csl in the right folder which is in fs9/aircraft folder.I also send my flight plan to atc and let them know im an observer but I get no reply.I

Hello "camtech">1. After you are up and running, looking at your plane and you>got it running in a bay ready for taxi, I get confused on how>to contact atc, do I need to put the freq. of the airport that>im at. I use a boom mike and can here other people talking but>im not for sure if they can here me. Im sure I have everything>hooked up right, (yeah you do)Just double click the controller's callsign on the SB ATC Directory.SB will A) tune your FS COM1 freq. tot hat of the controller for Text communications (if voice not available or fails).:( Tune your AVC voice to his voice room (if you check the option to communicate with RogerWilco) for voice communication.C) Display you the scrolling ATIS of the controller with important information.>2. How do you keep all these windows in order, I mean you have>Sbrelay, Fsnav, AVC, Avc tuner, Servinfo. Etc. I run three>coms in a net and do all of these programs work with Widefs.What do you mean "in order" ?Run SBRelay, join its MP session and then forget it.ServInfo is just a display tool.FSNav is just a moving map & navigator. Use F9 and CTRL F9 to have it minimised.AVC tuner is just a tuner for voice which acts just as SB3 will in the future (smart controller's voice IP detection)So have them all operational, no order.>3. also when you are an observer how can you monitor what is>going on, do you just listen or can you listen and observe, I>have Fsnav and if you connect to multiplayer I can see other>planes on the map, but when I look outside my plane I see no>one, I believe I have the csl in the right folder which is in>fs9/aircraft folder.Yeap, that's the right thing to do. Squawk Standby and observe as much as you want. Indicating in the FP NOTES by sending an FP with only that airport as DEP & ARR is good practice.In CSL folder make sure the aircraft.csl is renamed to aircraft.cfg in order for it to be activated.Also check the update here.http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/seang1/csl/>I also send my flight plan to atc and let them know im an>observer but I get no reply.Reply from whom ?There's nothing from someone to be replie at.They have your FP. Just sit and watch !There's nothing they have to say to you since you are not flying.>I

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440