Sign in to follow this  
Guest rici

Hi all,Well I *FINALY* managed to get broadband so I'm thinking of using online ATC but theres a few things which confuse me! (I am reading the guides). Firstly, is there a timetable that shows when contollers are going to online for specific airports? I mean, if I set up a flight from Heathrow to Washington, get all the way to washington and the contoller logs off as I arrive, I'll be left with no ATC! How can I be sure if a controller will be online when I get to my destination?Second, this rule saying you cannot leave the connection unattended for more than 30 minutes: If I am on a 9 hour flight and want to leave the autopilot to do it's thing, go into the lounge and watch some TV, can I log out of vatsim and the return an hour before landing, log back in and get ATC for the approach? What happens if I log out halfway through a session, does the controller throw the flight plan away and forget I existed or will he keep it so when I log back in pick up were I left off?Cheersrich

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Welcome to Vatsim-->Firstly, is there a timetable that shows when contollers are going to online for specific airports?Most of the time no.-->How can I be sure if a controller will be online when I get to my destination?You can't, best way is to pick times when controlles could be free, fly in the time zones when people are home, after supper things like that. -->Second, this rule saying you cannot leave the connection unattended for more than 30 minutes.What that means is don't connect then go to work/school or sleep. -->If I am on a 9 hour flight and want to leave the autopilot to do it's thing, go into the lounge and watch some TV, can I log out of vatsim and the return an hour before landing, log back in and get ATC for the approach?Sure no problem with that, but use a program like Servinfo to make sure there is no one around you when you reconnect.-->What happens if I log out halfway through a session, does the controller throw the flight plan away and forget I existed or will he keep it so when I log back in pick up were I left off?Your flight plan is controlled by the network, if you log off the network will drop the FP after a few minutes if you have not come back. As long as you do not shut FS down you can just reconnect and resend your FP if you have been off for some time. As well you can save flight plans in SB to recall later.

Hello,>-->Firstly, is there a timetable that shows when contollers are>going to online for specific airports?If you are going to fly in Europe, yes, we have a booking system. It