Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

Problem area near Chicago

Ok I'm Stumped. (-:This is looking NW over Lake Michigan, with Chicago in the upper left corner. This shot is obviously slewed up to a high altitude (approx 100k') and zoomed out to show the entire area, but the problem land mass is there at any altitude. I don't fly the area much, and have not noticed it until a VA flight out of ORD last night. I went in and "deactivated" add on sceneries, temporarily removed FScene-USA summer, all to no avail.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d62fae32c0a09a8.jpgOne heck of a reclamation project! :-laugh1Any ideas anyone??Thanks in advance.Joe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A while back, someone released an addon which modified the landclass for several midwestern states. Version 1 of that release caused land to appear in Lake Michigan. Have you installed that landclass file? Version 2 fixes it, by the way, and, if I could remember the filename, I'd tell you how to do it. But, heck, I can't remember Saturday. Maybe someone else can help. R-

Thanks to both of you for your help - much appreciated!:-beerchugFound an errant LC file (thought I had removed them all). Didn't see the update, and was searching for updates and new files under "landclass" and not also looking under "land class".Have a great evening.Joe