Sign in to follow this  
andreasft

Approval of FSinn

Hello.A lot of users at the vatsim network has now waited a couple of years for a new software.Now fsinn is a fully working software. When is VATSIM going to approve this? It looks like users are escaping to other networks waiting for the approval. Lets hope they come back?!Also. Thats the angry part.Thanks for the good effort, building this community. But now its really time to get this software out.Regards.Andreas.

Guest apollothethird

If they are waiting to give it to us for a Christmas surprise, I'll hope they will give it as an early Christamas present. I hope they don't wait a hour more than (for some reason) they may deam absolutely neccesary. The last thing I hear from VATSIM is that they are making changes to their Server. I really wish they would strongly consider allowing us to login with FSINN while they make those changes. I log on three or four times a day to the news group, looking for this much anticipated announcement. You're right about the sad part about it is the lost of many veterans (as well as new users who are just starting out) to other networks. -- L. James---------------------L. D. Jamesljames@apollo3.comwww.apollo3.com/~ljames

Guest JF737WN

Don't take my comments in the wrong way folks, but I believe its the VATSIM Vetrans that are sticking with VATSIM and the ones that are new and are tired of trying to get help with SB2 to work and are impatient for SB3 to come out (:)) head to other servers like IVAO. It is a shame, but 'stuff' happens! :)

Is it possible to get a comment from some Vatsim STAFF?Im really interested in hearing whats going on.Ive been a faithful member of the organization since Satco days, so i would like to hear what the organization has to say.

Guest apollothethird

Jered. I'm sure every one appreciates your comment. I don't see how they could be taken wrong. You're right about the new users and their problems with SB2 and impatience with SB3 (to come out). However, my reference to veterans was in reference to the people who has commented on a number of boards (to others who are asking about flying online) that they have went to IVAO because they felt all the patches and procedures for SB2 was too much. Back when I first started in December of last year, some of the Veterans on Simflight.com was telling me why they gave up, and even though they answered my questions and helped me to learn to connect, they said they wouldn't go through the problems. With respect, I you may be mistaken my reference to veterans (people with lot of experince with Vatsim) with avid loyalist (of which fortunately there remains many). I'm waiting because I'm not anxious to learn new precedures (for IVAO). Plus I really appreciate the availability that VATSIM has provided over the years. I'm sure I would do the same with IVAO, had they been the first multiplayer service I had tried. This is why I hope many new users will get to fly with the server I use (VATSIM) first. They may have the same sense of staying with what they start, as I do. It's one thing I've done different in the past few months, is fly on the FSINN test sever. I got a little hooked on the ease of connecting. -- L. James------------------L. D. Jamesljames@apollo3.comwww.apollo3.com/~ljames

Guest dweese

Everyone has to remember here that what goes on on this network and most of the other is done for free, buy people that have a life out side of MSFS. So things will take longer then we like. So we have to wait a little longer, I've been around since the Satco days as well, and we have always had a good connection for FS to the network, yes today its a pain with what you have to do to get on-line, but if they just dump SB3 and FSInn out to 65,000+ users with out some big time testing if could cause the whole network to crash then we would have nothing. Guys I know its like being a kid waiting for Christmas sometimes around here, but I've one of those lucky people testing SB3 right now. Its going to be worth the wait. TRUST ME, Read the SB3 forum and bug list, you can see there is a bunch of work going on to close out the last few bugs.

Guest apollothethird

Dave, I'm sure I'd share a lot in your complacency (as well as many others) if we could share in the type of connection ease that you're able to experience. However, I'd still have a since of lost, knowing the effect that's happening with every body else. It seems a lot like the wait has something to do with the development of SB3. However, there is already software that has been developed, that, as I mentioned before works much better than what is already in position. I'm sure I'll be happy with what I see in a decade with Flight Simulator. The first flight simulator I used was actually text based with a dot representing a spot view plane. I'm happy with what I see since the late 80's when I first tried a flight simulator. Just because we might have a great program in another few years really won't make me forget have anxious I was to fly during the time of the wait. I'll be happy with what I see. However, I'll always know that had something happened in a certain way (such as allowing us to connect with the already developed software... FSINN) would have been much better for the users as well as for the network. I don't think it should be so easily pushed down our throats about the volunteer of this hobby. Actually I believe everyone that participates is volunteering their time. The ATC volunteer their time (of which I miss on the FSFDT server). We pilots and the network owners appreciate this very much. I'm sure the ATC's enjoy they work to some degree; otherwise I'm sure they would spend their time in something different. I appreciate every thing they do. If they stopped, I'm sure the volunteered servers would deteriorate. The pilots actually volunteer their time, as they provide traffic for the ATC's. I'm sure the ATC's would eventually loose interest if all the pilots stopped providing traffic. We all come to this arena and contribute something. I'm actually trying to volunteer some intellectual consideration that might enhance the network. If I bought a basketball court to contribute to the community, and no one came to play ball, I'd probably eventually sell (or give away the court) and go play on some body else's court that had gamers. Speaking of buying a basketball court, I do plan to buy (or build) a ping pong table for one for one of the community centers where I volunteer my time in teaching computers. Dave, we extremely appreciate your comments in each of their treads that pops up from time to time. Whether you empathize with use or not, your comments shows that the messages are being read and thought about. By the way, I hope no one takes offense at my comments. I

Guest dweese

"However, there is already software that has been developed, that, as I mentioned before works much better than what is already in position."Sure I bet there is. SB3 right now in its current state works better then what we have now, however its still not the way it needs to be, as with FSInn its better then what we have however there needs a few more tweks before it can go out to all users. Why push to get a new software program out that is ready for the network or the network is not ready for it, sure its better then what we have but why fix some problems and just create others."Just because we might have a great program in another few years really won't make me forget have anxious I was to fly during the time of the wait. I'll be happy with what I see. However, I'll always know that had something happened in a certain way (such as allowing us to connect with the already developed software... FSINN) would have been much better for the users as well as for the network."You will not have to wait a few more years, read the SB3 website and read between the lines you'll see what I mean.Less face it we can ####, chew and wine but nothing will get released until the BOG says it

Guest apollothethird

I really appreciate the diligence of Joel to do much for the community. If I appear to be bashing him in the least, please try to read my message from a different prospective. I appreciate his work. He can

Guest rcritz

L. D. James,FSInn is also not ready for primetime on VATSIM. It's under test, as is SB3, and will be released when it is ready. While you can use it on their test server now, that's quite different from having it work on VATSIM.Neither client will be approved for general use in 2004. Both will likely be approved early in 2005. The approval process for each is independent of the other.

Guest Freddy Wilhelmsen

Hi all!Seems to me, FSInn is waiting for VATSIM, VATSIM is waiting for SB3... eg.. everybody is waiting for SB3 ?????As a member of VATSIM since before they converted from SATCO, i keep reading posts rgd SB3, FSinn etc, with a relaxed attitude. As an experienced VATSIM member, I have no difficulties connecting to VATSIM with SB2.3, using Widefs.One thing annoys me afterall: Why keep bugging Joel, Vatsim etc with requests for release date ??.. Pls remember: THIS IS ALL FREEWARE... in my ears that is excactly: SHUT UP AND WAIT...rgdFreddy

Guest apollothethird

Freddy, you and I share the same impressions on most of the points you mentioned. I

Freddy if you had the ability to to step into the shoes of an absolute beginner meeting VATSIM and SB2.3 for the first time using FS2004 you wouldn't talk this way (to say it politelly); but I guess this vision is not for every Freddy. It is for the people who sit behind the scenes and help new members get on board without the relaxed feeling of I'm an oldie, I can handle SB2.3, so what if I wait few more months.>>One thing annoys me afterall: Why keep bugging Joel, Vatsim>etc with requests for release date ??.. Pls remember: THIS IS>ALL FREEWARE... in my ears that is excactly: SHUT UP AND>WAIT...>Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vateud.org/images/vatsim-eurs.gifhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Guest rcritz

>Seems to me, FSInn is waiting for VATSIM, VATSIM is waiting>for SB3... eg.. everybody is waiting for SB3 ?????>Yes, FSInn is waiting for VATSIM. So is SB3. VATSIM is also waiting for both of them (for different reasons, on both of them). As I said above, each will be approved separately and only when it's ready to VATSIM's standard. Both are close and I don't believe you'll have to wait all that much longer.

Guest Paragon

I don't have any problems waiting for either SB3 or FSInn, but what worries me is the migration going on at this time. Just the other day, IVAO set a new record in pilots online...all relating to their release of the new client. It's all about userfriendliness, and right now the only client able to produce this is IVAO, even in it's beta stage. Why have Vatsim decided to limit the number of pilots using SB3 on Vatsim? Just to clarify, I will patiently wait for the new Vatsim clients, because I've had less than desireable results when flying on IVAO, not related to their client, but to the controllers mainly. I've also started training for becoming a controller on Vatsim, so I guess it's not so impending for me to get a client, except for the fact that as of now I think Vatsim is losing the battle for pilots.