Sign in to follow this  

Dual monitors - FS 2002 running in safe mode

Hi!Yesterday I installed a second graphic-card on my Compaq Deskpro EVO P4 1800 running win 2000.I have a GF3 ti200 64mb as my primary card (working well on its own). The card I installed is an old PCI Matrox millennium II w/16 MB.In windows both monitors

Did you make any changes in BIOS to set your primary card to primary? Normally, your BIOS will select your AGP card, if it is the only one in your computer. When you put a second card in your computer, probably a PCI card, BIOS sets the PCI card as primary and the AGP card as secondary.To correct, start your computer, enter BIOS, and search around for BIOS settings making the AGP card primary. There may be several places in BIOS to completely make the change. Once you have set the settings, save, and reboot.

You have the same setup I have was just wondering if you got everything to work ? I tryed installing two video cards as well , but had a major frame rate hit, so I went back to one card. I'm running Win/XP Home. Let me know how things went Later Dave.

I have a gf2mx and a matrox millennium on a winxp machine equipped with an AMD Thunderbird 1400 (not XP).I didn't experience any hard frame hit when using secondary monitor only for the panel views.Major hits tooks place when switching to a second 3d view.All i had to do was reselect hardware acceleration in FS (in my case i recevied no errors abuto "safe mode") and select the nvidia card as primary.Also in the desktop configuration tab (right click on the desktop, "settings" tab) you have to configure the behavior of the seconday video card.RegardsClaudio