Sign in to follow this  
ulisses

my simple cockpit (photos)

Hello,I'm finishing my small cockpit. The original project was a boeing cockpit, but I don't have room for it right now, so in the lastest 30 days I got what I already bought (goflight, aerosoft, LCD, monitors, etc), designed a table for it and put everything to work :) Soon I'll have a web page showing in details my project, with photos/links for all the hardware and software.I keep you informed.http://cdsdigital.com.br/simulador/simulador2.jpghttp://cdsdigital.com.br/simulador/simulador1.jpg(the guy in the photo is a friend, not me :)Thanks,Ulisses

Guest MikePowell

Nice setup, Ulisses. I look forward to your web page.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.comInfo for simpit builders.

Ulisses, Your setup looks great and is exactly like what I am trying to put together. I have a couple questions and if you have time to answer, it would be greatly appreciated.1. Have you flown any single engine planes with your current setup, and what was the procedure you used for the instrument panel (on which monitor and how)? For example, have you flown the Cessna birds (172, 182) included with FS2002, and if so, where did you display the instrument panel and how did you setup FS2002 (widefs?) to make it work? Is there a way to display the instrument panel on one machine and the outside view(s) on another with using FS2002 (not project magenta)?2. Do you have a diagram of how your hardware is attached to your computers and monitors?3. What size monitors do you use for the project magenta displays?4. What GoFlight equipment do you use and what are your thought about it?Thanks for your time! I am looking forward to hearing from you.Dave* I will use Project Magenta also, but would like to be able to fly the Cessna props since I am also in ground school for my private license.

*** Hello,1. Have you flown any single engine planes with your current setup, and what was the procedure you used for the instrument panel (on which monitor and how)? For example, have you flown the Cessna birds (172, 182) included with FS2002, and if so, where did you display the instrument panel and how did you setup FS2002 (widefs?) to make it work? Is there a way to display the instrument panel on one machine and the outside view(s) on another with using FS2002 (not project magenta)?*** Sometimes I fly small planes, I didn't setup the magenta displays to show FS instrument panels, so I generally keep using magenta with the small aircraft and it works fine (you can load a small aircraft setup in magenta). Sometimes I just forget magenta and fly everything in the top monitor (FS monitor), panel+external view). An option is to have a second output in the FS computer and a monitor switch device, so you can use in the magenta monitor the magenta display or a second view for FS.2. Do you have a diagram of how your hardware is attached to your computers and monitors?*** Not yet, but it will be available soon...3. What size monitors do you use for the project magenta displays?*** 2 x 17", external view is 21"4. What GoFlight equipment do you use and what are your thought about it?*** 3xP8, 2xT8, 1x45, 2x166, 1xLGT, they are wonderful, nice support, easy to use, works very well, etc, etc, etcKeep posting....'Ulisses

I guess me answering here as well wont hurt either :-)>1. Have you flown any single engine planes with your current >setup, and what was the procedure you used for the >instrument panel (on which monitor and how)? For example, >have you flown the Cessna birds (172, 182) included with >FS2002, and if so, where did you display the instrument >panel and how did you setup FS2002 (widefs?) to make it >work? Is there a way to display the instrument panel on one >machine and the outside view(s) on another with using FS2002 >(not project magenta)? If you can find an older PCI-bus videocard, you can attach it to the computer next to the AGP 3D accelerated monster board, and stick a smaller (14" or 15") screen to it. Enable both screens in Windows ("extend my windows desktop to this monitor") and on FS2002, right click the *panel* and choose "Undock window" and drag it to the small monitor and resize to your needs. You can even create a custom panel with just the primary instruments and make a "box" for the monitor (just remember ventilation, monitors heat up a lot!!!) - then you can make round holes on the front side of the box for "instruments" on correct positions, just like people do for Jet "glass cockpit" with rectangular holes:http://tigert.gimp.org/vatsim/cockpit-stuf...topconsole9.jpg>2. Do you have a diagram of how your hardware is attached to >your computers and monitors? [pre][ The FS2002 Computer ] | | AGP PCI | |GeForce3 Matrox | Mystique | | big small screen screen.. | | 3D instrument view panel[/pre]I hope that clears it out. You can run one extra monitor just fine like this, but if you want multiple "outside" views for panoramic visual either the Matrox Parhelia + 3 screens (expensive) or a networked setup of several computers (even more expensive) is needed. I guess a single computer can handle maybe 2 panel screens even, so one could make a pretty nice setup for a "half cockpit" for just the captains view with the PSS airbus or 767PIC or something.. or for example a Cessna panel + the Garmin 530.>3. What size monitors do you use for the project magenta >displays? I guess that depends on 1) what you have around or 2) what size of displays your intended cockpit setup would have.>4. What GoFlight equipment do you use and what are your >thought about it? I am using FSBus for my switches and knobs and stuff. www.fsbus.de - it is a "do it yourself" solution, you need some soldering skills and a way to make PCBoards but it is very economical solution and does a whole lot for the price.