Sign in to follow this  

Networking and Wideview?

I wonder if anyone could help on the following questions:I run XP on a 2.4 mhz system with dual head card and all works great.I have the chance to get some really cheap 400mhz (64MB ram)systems and was wondering... What I would like to achieve from the secondary systems is 1 external view on each.1) Does anyone know if these low powered systems would work with FS2002 and Wideview?2)Assuming that these systems would not be capable of running XP would the network function with Win 98 on the secondary machines and XP on the main?I have very limited knowledge on networks so any help would be appreciated.Thank youNorm

Guest MikePowell

Norm,You shouldn't have any problem networking the machines. I network an WinXP Athlon, with a (don't laugh) 100 MHz Pentium literally pulled from the trash. I bought a bios upgrade, 98SE, and a 20 GB hard drive for it. Third machine is an HP vectra 90 MHz Pentium running Win95, bought from the company after they upgraded. It is dreadful for gaming, as it was intended to be. It's a homework only machine. Three different OS's on platforms with widely varying performance, and they network just fine. I use a Linksys BEFSR41 as a switch/router/firewall.The machines you describe to look a bit low of memory, however.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Thanks MikeThat's good to know. Now I will try to find out if 2002 and Wideview will work on those machines?Thanks againNorm

Norm,That should all work just fine together. You'll have to turn down the complexity of the scenery to account for the slower machines but that shouldn't be much of an issue since they're not displaying the main view.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table