Sign in to follow this  
tigert

767PIC and FSUIPC and home cockpits..

So, this has probably been discussed a million times in the past, so forgive me, but the forum search didnt seem to go farther than a year ago, so I wouldnt know :-/The problem is: a friend of mine is building a home cockpit and thinking of using the excellent "767 Pilot in Command" as the base for it. Now he did a MCP panel and it works pretty nicely via keyboard emulation done with FSBUS (though he said it lags a bit under heavy load (lots of other planes, or complex scenery etc) - but basically it works.But the bigger problem is this: Is there a way to get any data *out of* 767PIC either through FSUIPC or anything? Since it implements its own autopilot etc (and doesnt bother updating the FS autopilot stuff) - so getting data *in* is doable, but getting it *out* seems impossible. This would be important in terms of doing 7-segment displays, status lights for the autopilot modes etc..So I thought I'd ask if anyone knows..? Another package that seems to have the same issue is the PSS Airbus - or more or less *anything* that implements their own complex systems and FMC etc.. So if there is any information about how to interface to these things it would be interesting to know.I am myself more into the prop planes and GA, but this seems like the best jet simulation add-on there still is today.Tuomas

Guest steve_j

Hi!I had the same questions on the upcoming Wilco A320 PIC. And there it won't be possible to read/write offsets. Maybe you post your question about the PIC767 in the WILCO Support forum.steve

I remember seeing a patch at the project magenta website where their magenta MCP software takes over from pic. I think it does some of the pss aircraft as well.I have no idea if it would work or how it would effect the fmc etc, but it may be best to post this question over at that forum as well.CheersGaz