Sign in to follow this  

Push buttons and switches

Hello guys,I just started to make my MCP ( 747-400 ) and now I am searching for the push buttons.Conrad ( Europe ) and other electronic shops sell only push buttons which are 1.1 x 1.1 cm on top.For the MCP I need 2 x cm.Also later for the overhead I need even 2.5 x 2.5 buttons.Does anybody of you know where I can buy these buttons ?Thanks in advance,Gerard SaldenBeta Tester Wideviewhttp://web.onetelnet.nl/~gsalden

Well Gerard,That depends on how real you want the switch to be. If its to just be generic, try Newark Electronics as they have a host of switches and sizes. However, if your trying to make the switches realistic, then your not going to find them. Not unless you buy the real ones at a ridiculously high price. Boeing aircraft like many others, incorporate a multi mechanism switch in their overhead panels. These switches also have multi lamps in them that light one legend when selected, another legend when not selected. If you have 767PIC, then your familiar with what I'm speaking of.Fortunately with the EPIC, we can light individual legends with a single action switch like a micro switch. Through Epic programming, you just need to tell the Epic hardware which legend should illuminate when the switch position is in a certain state, on or off. With this in mind, Pete Cos is well on his way to designing such a switch. And I must say, it looks very impressive and quite realistic. Michael

Hi Gerard,You can try www.rs-components.nl. They have a big choice in electronic and fine mechanical components.Maybe They have the components you are searching for.Groeten uit Belgi