Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Caution using 2 monitors on same VGA

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

The following information and caution note applies only when running FS on FULL screen and not in windowed mode.Until now I have tried 2 solutions to have a second monitor on the same PC for FS. Note that I run FS full screen.First was a 2ndary PCI VGA (a Viper330 in my case). That worked well except that when I click on any non-FS application or window FS minimizes. But this seems to be the way in any case...Second I attached a DVI to VGA cable and connected my 2nd monitor on my primary VGA, a GeForce4 Ti4200 64Mb. It seemed to work, but I had big problems with FS. When switching to desktop and then back into FS, my outside view was all messed up and the only way I could fix it is to go into windowed mode and then back to full screen. Not good...So I reverted back to using the 2ndary PCI card.George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest seev_39

Hi George and everybody elseQuote from George;>Second I attached a DVI to VGA cable and connected my 2nd >monitor on my primary VGA, a GeForce4 Ti4200 64Mb. It >seemed to work, but I had big problems with FS....>>So I reverted back to using the 2ndary PCI card. I hasitate for a long time now with installing a second monitor, though I can get a color 14" or 15" one for nearly nothing in terms of USD. Reason for not trying is what you George say about the problems involved. I had in mind to dedicate the second monitor for the sub windows, such as radio, GPS, and other panels and windows you find in many add-on aircraft (for instance the "overhead panel" of the Falcon50) and leaving everything else on the main screen as is (including instrument panel). I have a similar graphic card as you have , George. which means I can either connect the additional monitor to the #1 card or add an older graphic card as CPI.Still before trying, I would appriciate if someone can say how will my concept effect frame rate and compatibility. I wish to refer you to an article in PCWorld magazine (march 2003) where they say that adding a second monitor may need changes in your bios or even downloading bios updates. It is also importent to reset the priority of your monitors. Adding a second one might automatically give it priority #1 while you actually want it to be #2.Best regards and happy flyingSeev