Sign in to follow this  

Questions about Project Magenta (737)

I'm thinking about using Project Magenta, but have some questions. I am thinking about going the 737 NG route:1. How 'true to life' is their software? Is it at the level of 744 PS 1.3 in terms of systems functionality and accuracy? This is a huge issue for me, as I'm looking for more of a procedural home cockpit rather than something that just looks "neat."2. How 'constrained' is PM software by the limitations of MSFS?3. Does anyone offer an "all in one" kit that is relatively simple and painless to put together?

Hi V1VrV2I would suggest you go to PM home page and download their functional demo. http://www.projectmagenta.com/As far as I can tell it is very accurate. I can't compare it to the 744 PS1.3 as I never tried the latter. But check their web site out. I'm sure you can find your answers there.Regards

Hi, Project majenta provides ND, PFD and a full functional MCP and FMC but no system functions or malfuntions (e.g. hydraulics, electrical etc) while PS 1.3 gives almost 90% of the systems of the 744. It is not a simple sim and is actually being used by real life pilots. It need alot of reading and persistance and there is a learning curve which might take you a whole year in order to be fully aware of the program capabilities. Still after four years of using it we are faced with new situations that need an expert opinion which is provided by a very professional forum.PS 1.3 is a DOS based program that can be networked with MS through another computer to provide external display.The PM software is a windows based program that needs a computer network with MS.In summary, if you are asking for neat displays (ND, PFD, Engine) and FMC and MCP (which are very professional replicas) then PM is the software for you but if you want a whole stand alone sim with true to life functions, systems and malfunctions then go for PS 1.3.Hope this would help,mofa

Thanks, I own PS1.3 and it's great, but as far as home cockpits go, its big drawback is on the scenery end of things.There is a program that allows you to link FS2002 scenery to PS1.3, but on my set up the frames are quite jerky. Matt Scheil has a great cockpit using PS1.3.If PM is going to be catering more to the "professional" market, I guess they'll start having to do down the systems failure route.Let's hope.