Sign in to follow this  
G MIDY

Problem with networking

Hello all i'm completely new to networking and linking this stuff together so go easy on me.I currently have a Compaq Presario 5100 with a GeForce 2 MMX i recently discovered that i could attach a second monitor and it just so happens i have a second monitor but its quite old being from the old IBM Aptiva's. Now if i wanted to link these together so i could place the Project Magenta stuff on the other monitor and the view on this one how would i do it with one computer and one graphics card.ThanksG-MIDY

Guest PeterK

PeterKI dont think your going to have much luck running 2 video monitorsthat are different vintages on the same computer..They do sell a SVGA Splitter but It would be the same thing on both monitors..Your question was about networking but it seems like you want to runtwo monitors on one computer??If your networking!!!All your computers are going to need a 10/100 base network cardthese will feed a 10 or 10/100 Base network hub..linking withCat 5 network wire...Basically you are going to have to set up each computer in the setupnetwork area and get then talking to each other..If you know what your doing its easy...If you have never done it and have no ideayour going to have to find the smart neighbor with a computer orread up on the issue.Help me out Airbus Guys!! I fly a P-51 in fs2002 I dontneed all of this multi tasking stuff!!!Humor!!Pete http://home.attbi.com/~fs-boneyard