Sign in to follow this  

multiple screen question

A) I just wanted to ask if there is any way to use 3d accelaration in both monitors in a double video card setup, 1 pci GF4 440mx and 1AGP GF2 220mx.What I want to do is run in 2 monitors connected in the same computer freefd through widefs but it seems that only the primary monitor can use 3d accelaration.:( This Question is mainlly for Tuomas but if any one else can help I will be greatfull.In a double card setup i tried to run fs full screen in the primary adapter (GF4 440MX128 PCI) and Undock the custom made panel to run on the second adapter (GF2 220MX32 AGP) but what happens is that it seems that fs is getting locked in a way (I cant even acces the menu through the ALT key). If I set fs to run in the secondary adapter then everything is fine but since this adapter is underpowered compared to the other there is an FPS loss.Any ideas?Tuomas is it possible to set me the panel.cfg that you used for your cardboard setting?Thanks in advanceTassos

Is that correct? Your GF4 is PCI and your GF2 is AGP? I would think it's the other way around.You should be able to run 3D on the primary display and 2D panels on other displays (secondary, tertiary, etc.). If you're having problems with the undocked windows, try putting FS into windowed mode so that the main screen is also in a window (Alt+Enter). When you do, just make sure that the 3D window on the primary display isn't sticking out by even a pixel onto the second or other displays.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

yeap that was correct my GF4 is PCI and the GF2 is AGP :)Well the case is that was the only PCI card I could find in with more than 32Mb so I got it (my plan is to use it in my other computer that has already a GF4 Ti4600 128Mb AGP).Before I stick the second Card (PCI) in my main computer I am trying it in my secondary (Just making sure I won't end up reformating, reinstalling etc etc).As far as my question I think I should make it a little more clear;is it possible in one computer with 2video cards to have 2 monitors running an openGL (FreeFD) application each?Thanks again Tassos