Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

Opinions Please - Co-Pilot vs FS Navigator

Hi all,I'm considering purchasing one of these products but I'm not sure about the merits of one over the other. Can anybody share their experiences with me.Many thanks Bernie

Guest flightpro08

I've been using FSNavigator for about a year now, and I absolutely love it. It's by far my favorite payware product I have (and I've got lots of them :D .) The features are endless to this little program, but my favorite is the ability to see your route. I've always create my flight plans in FSNavigator, export it into a FS2002 flight plan, and then import that FS2k2 flight plan into my FMCs (PIC767, PSS Airbus A3xx, etc.) FSNavigator comes highly recommended from me. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 10346

Bernie,I cannot tell You anything about Co-Pilot because the money invested in FSNavigator was by far the best.FSN lets You do almost everything flightplan-related. It gives You so much options... I suggest You download the Preview version and decide Yourself.I'm more than just satisfied with it. My best payware addon ever.ToMey

Guest UweR

Hi, I agree with the two others that FSNavigator is the far superior addon. While both programs perform as advertised, FSNavigator offers a few more features and is graphically a lot more pleasant to look at. Biggest advantage over CoPilot: The moving map display that is available in full screen mode and the ability to easily follow a flight plan with the built-in flight management system. It features many downloadable user programmed procedures (SID/STAR) and is one of the few addons you

Guest gasebah

I could only name own disadvantage of FSNavigator. As it a dll rather and not an executable, it is not possible to run it outside FS, e.g. on a 2nd networked machine. Other than that it is fabulous. Do not know about Co Pilot.Alex

That said, Alex, you can run it on a second monitor with absolutely no hit on frame rates, without having to network at all. FSNav has my vote for THE best add-on ever. It's sensational value for money.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Hi Bernie,I as well have FSN. The program does have tons of features and is well worth the money...even if you do not use it to plan you flights...turn it on anyway. You can see just where you are in the world complete with the city you are flying over. I can go on about all the features,but the best way is to try it out yourself. Please give yourself some time to learn the program. I can say it was a bit overwelming at first but now it is a piece of cake to use.Good Luck...This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Can you guys please help me with the URL for FSN?Thanks,Bruce.

It's just www.fsnavigator.comI heavily recommend this add-on.BTW - I didn NOT purchase it, but doesn't it say only 20 times in the trial version?? I have now at least 50 times and it's still running. Any explanation?? :-hmmmhttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fs2k2/avsim/sig.jpg... under short final 25L EDDFetienne@spindler.deICQ# 99744757

Guest gasebah

I agree with you 100% as always Mark. But if you are running several add-ons at the same time you want to get as much as possible of them away to a 2nd computer as stuff adds up.Alex

Crack or brown acid :-eek This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Guest Richard_H

I get the impression FSNavigator is aimed for driving the big buses. Is it useful for GA?