Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raafie75

FSBUS Switch Issues

hi Glenn,The encoder is a Bournes ECW1J-B24-AC0024.The part number came from their catalogue page 830 vol1..The page also shows the part supplied by Dick Smith.A Piher type ci-11.This Bournes one has 24 detents.You should get more imfo from Bournes site.Farnell charge$13 each.Try Farnell.com go to Australia select r and rotary encoders will come up.Select panel mount and 109-113 will be in middle of page.I just checked online and the above should get you their.If need anything else just reply.Good LuckLes.

Guest Raafie75

Thanks Lez,Your a chamion mate, Its been driving me crazy. Yes I have been using a P7531. But those Rotaries from Farnells are a little pricey!Glenn, try using the part no. without the heifen in the middle.Regards,Brad.

Hi Brad,Not a problem,yes they are a bit pricey but have you tried the Alps equiv to the Knitter.They could be bought from a place in Finland and i think they were only $7-8 NZ.Dont forget there maybe other places that stock the Bournes.Farnell are usually expensive.i looked at the description in Farnells catalogue for the D/smith one and they seem to describe it the same.So i dont know.Its great to see that your Board is probably good.Yes i went throughchecking out the logic and all of it seemed ok,it was then i decided that it might be the Rotary.The one i am using is what i intended to use.Just shows you how you get sidetracked.There must be something a wee bit diff with the D/Smith one when using it with the REDEC decoder because i was using it with another cct,it seemed to perform ok but thinking about it it was not as good as the Bournes one.RgdsLes

>Hi Brad,>Not a problem,yes they are a bit pricey but have you tried the>Alps equiv to the Knitter.They could be bought from a place in>Finland and i think they were only $7-8 NZ.Dont forget there>maybe other places that stock the Bournes.www.elfa.se -> part ALPS: SRBM1L ELFA: 35-884-64 This does the "redec" thing internally so you get separated output from the thing.Tuomas