Sign in to follow this  
FLYINGJB

FSBUS Showing Wrong Frequencies ? Help Please ?

Hi All..some more basic questions from me...sorry, but we're getting there. I'm still trying to set my FSBUS FSDisp up to read my NAV/COMs for my King Air. The problems I have are:1) The 7 segment displays for COM2 and NAV2 (only 2 I'm setting up so far to make sure I do this right) are reading NAV1 and ADF frequencies ????. I have set each with a different CID and each with their correct FS source in the selection box...I think..FLASHED with this set-up. (I'm using latest FSBUS 2.0.8). Should I be selecting other options in the set-up boxes ?2) Rotary switches - I am trying to set up a test 12 position switch just like FSBUS manual....but..have no clue how to set up. I've wired the switch like the manual says...assigned a CID...but can't figure out what to do next...RIDs, PIDS..etc..Help please ?Can anyone help me in this joyous season ? If you do I'm sure Santa will remember you've been good...Thanks and Merry Christmas...JB

Guest Raafie75

Hi JB,Just make sure that you haven't got the same CID assigned to NAV1 or the ADF within FSBUS Router. You've definately got something setup wrong with the router software. You might want to go in and remove the command and replace it again (the assignment that is sent to FS).I had the same problem with wiring the 2 rotaries! I'm going with the REDec idea but still waiting on some rotary encoders. If you can get a hold of the knitter switch, that would be your best bet!Hope that helps!Kind Regards,

Guest Glenn Weston

JB, try disabling all other FSBus objects in the left pane, & working with only the ones you want, in other words make the green dot disappear by removing the "ACTIVE" tick in the main window, it sounds like you may have several different objects routing to the one display & this can cause confusion for you & the router. Better still just delete everything on the list & only have what you are interested in defined, that way you can't make a mistake.Glenn.

Thanks Brad and Glen...I now have frequencies showing and it looks great. However still have a few issues if you can help:1)How do I get the radio stack to display all numbers on first start up ? Do I have to have the Router running in background ?2) ALso to get the numbers to display on each start, I keep having to click on one of the radios CID's to get #'s showing. Is there a way of setting it up so I can just start FS tuen each radio on and the frequency be displayed3) My first digit on NAV1 is not ligting up...get 10.30 instead of 110.30 ?4) My transponder shows 1800 when in FS its says 1200 and in the router it says 1200. I can get it to go to 1200 by clicking on FS transponderMany thanks for your help and best Xmas wishes to you and your families...Jonathan

>1)How do I get the radio stack to display all numbers on first>start up ? Do I have to have the Router running in background?Yes, the FSBUS router needs to run in the background while you fly in FS.>2) ALso to get the numbers to display on each start, I keep>having to click on one of the radios CID's to get #'s showing.>Is there a way of setting it up so I can just start FS tuen>each radio on and the frequency be displayedIt should work that way once you have started the router, stuff should work. There's some stuff that might need "toggling" initially, try pressing the active/standby swap buttons if you have those in your radios and see if that helps.>3) My first digit on NAV1 is not ligting up...get 10.30>instead of 110.30 ?You got a short circuit or a bad solder connection somewhere, check the connections and PCB throughly..Tuomas