Sign in to follow this  
iwik

Fsbus and Cowl flaps configuring.

Hi Guys,Need some more help.Trying to get the Cowl flaps on the Dreamfleet c177 to operate the steps between Open and closed.Fsuipc states1.0 open to 0.0 closed.How does one get the steps between programmed.Fsbus seems only to handle steps in whole numbers,ie like 0,1,2,3 and 4 like in magnetos and starter.Any help appreciated.ThanksLes

Guest Raafie75

Les, Don't know if this will work but give it a try.I wanted to setup a LED for each Flap Position, so what I did was setup a DISPLAY to the output of the FLAPS INDICATOR. The DIsplay then showed its variable output, then I setup the min & max to the LED just below and above the number I got off the display. Don't know if this will work for KEYS but give it a shot. You should be able to use more than single digits.Kind Regards,BRAD HELLER.

>Hi Guys,>Need some more help.Trying to get the Cowl flaps on the>Dreamfleet c177 to operate the steps between Open and>closed.Fsuipc states>1.0 open to 0.0 closed.How does one get the steps between>programmed.>Fsbus seems only to handle steps in whole numbers,ie like>0,1,2,3 and 4 like in magnetos and starter.Any help>appreciated.>Thanks>Les You should be able to define a value for a switch when it is "on" and "off". So if you have a rotary for example mounted sideways and locked to 5 steps or so, then dont wire it as a rotary, but rather 5 separate switches (wire just one ground for all of those, the ground can be shared within one row (RID))so:G-o-o-o-o-o-o-o <- fsbus key-card pins, "back" row away from the diodes1-2-3-4-5-o-o-o <- fsbus front row, closer to the diodesThis way you get essentially 5 *separate* switches, make them all "up event" only and set each a value, the 1 = 0 and the 5 = 1 and see if you can define the in-betweeners have values of 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 etc..I dont remember offhand if FSBUS2 still has the "multiply" and "divide" things, but the idea is to have separate switches, only one of them is "on" at once, so you just define each switch be "cowl flaps NN degrees" and one of them is active at once.This same works for flaps too, so you can define the steps exactly.Tuomas

Thanks Tuomas,Will try what you have suggested and let you know what happens.Les

Hi Tuomas,Tried what you suggested but if you attempt to put a value in of less than 1 and have a look at the value returned.Its avery large number and if you look at the flaps in Fs the knob has dissappeared.Its looks like FSBUS cant handle numbers less than 1.0.Do think its worth emailing Dirk?Thanks again for your help.Merry Xmas.Best RgdsLes.