Sign in to follow this  
Guest romeo_charlie

Problem with Key Controller IDs - DIRK!!!!

Guest romeo_charlie

Hello All, I learnt a few weeks ago that I can only have CIDs 0 to 3 for Keys and 4 to 7 for pots. Now, I have came to the problem that I cannot assign CID 0 to any PIC (that leaves me tith CID 1, 2, and 3 for keys). In the flashing dialog, CID 0 is not a possibility.And in the FSBUS router main page, when I try to assign some variable to go to CID 0, it says that = is for all CIDs.So, if this is the case, could I use CID 4 for FS key and not use any potentiometer boards without conflicts? Can I assign CID 0 to a PIC?Some please HELP!!!! I need at least 4 CIDs assigned to be FSkey boards.My whole simulator project is in jeopardy because of this.Thanks in advance.Rafa.

Guest stevelep

HelloDon't know which ID can be assigne for Key and if there's limitations? ...But what I'm sure is that CID=0 is reserved for intern FSBUS usethat for connecting a FSBUS switch to a FSBUS led without goingthru a FlightSim variable.SO ... you can't assigne number 0 for a controlleronly available are 1 to 31 ...Never heard about that Keys controllers are limited for CID 1-4Where have you read that?And can someone (Tuomas for ex.) confirm or infirm it ???Thank'sByeBOB:-yellow1

Guest dirkan

Hi,The controller ID's are different for sending and receiving devices.Each sending device (keyboard, analog) may have a CID from 1-7.Each receiving device (display, led ...) may have a CID from 1-31.The id 0 is used as a joker for all connected cotrollers. It may be used in future (or not). For the moment its useless.I hope this clearifies the CID miracles. regards Dirk

Guest romeo_charlie

So,Could I use CIDs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 for example for key cards, and still use 7 for analog? (more than 4 FSkey boards)I am asking because I think that if I use a key controller on CID 4, the analog boards on CID 5 will give me an error, and conflicts while moving the potentiometers. Is that correct?Then could I still use 5 key boards on CIDs 1,2,3,4,5 and not use any analog boards, and have the system still work?Cheers!Rafa.

Guest dirkan

Hello Rafa,You can use 7 output boards. Example: 4 key + 3 analog.Each of the 7 must have its unique id.cheers Dirk

Guest stevelep

Thank's for your advices Dirk :-)Now it's okBOB

Guest romeo_charlie

Hello Dirk and everyone else!I have tested and if I use CID 1,2, and 3 for keys, everything works OK, but when I assign another key to CID4, even with no potentiometer (analog) boards connected to FSBUS, the system stops working. I need the fourth key controller for my sim. Is this normal? All this is with another 8 CIDs for displays (CIDS 9,10,21,22,23,24,25,26) and one for leds (CID 18). No duplicate CID ID numbers are present.I am in trouble if I can only have three key CIDs.Thanks a lot for any suggestions.Rafa.