Sign in to follow this  
Guest industrial

Cant see landing lights in COCKPIT MODE 2D??

Guest industrial

Hi everyone,Can someone tell me why I cant see my landing lights in cockpit mode??Is this a Microsoft fs2004 issue?I can see them in VC MODE and spot plane view.I can turn them on and off in thse modes but cant see them out the front of my cockpit view.Any thing I can do in the fs9.cfg?I cant seem to find any info on this matter.Kind regardsJames

You should ask in the fs2004 forum (search first for existing discussion on the topic)This forum is about custom hardware for flightsim, not about sim panels and such in general.Best wishes,Tuomas

Guest industrial

Hey Tuomas,I realize this forum is not the correct one.I already have a thread on this in the FS2004 discussion with no responses.I feel I would get some decent tips or ideas/suggestions in here.I have gotten many ideas and great info and support from in here on my 737 cockpit project.See? you were my first response already.Kind regardsJames

Guest PoRrEkE

Cuz I try to help where I can and you are so sad not getting any responce elsewhere :(There are a number of things you might check.One of them is if you get this problem with every airplane or not. I suppose you do.Then there is if i remember right somewhere an option (think it is somewhere near the hardware settings) to turn on and off the option to show landing lights (or am i way of here ?)Final thing and most likely to be the problem is to add number near the hardware setting where you can tell FS how many lights you want.In 2D cockpit view this might help.If none of these are the issue then I'm affraid I'm all out of ideas :(Cheers

Guest lineman55

Appreciate those suggestions..but they have already been tried.Yes its on all the aircraft that I have this problem.All hardware lights are maxed.If I was to reinstall ...gulp! the thought makes me sick...would I lose all my programs etc..FUSPIC (registered) and anything else as long as I dont uninstall?Would I be able to overwrite?Kind regardsJames

Guest lineman55

Hi Everyone,Problem solved!!I stumbled on a FS9.CFG backup I made and had it hidden in a file on my harddrive.All is well now except for reconfiguring my yoke and a few buttons.Appreciate everybodys advice and suggestions.My advice to everyone who plays around with different addons in FS2004...PLEASE MAKE A COPY OF YOUR FS9.CFG and put somewhere wherecan can get it if needed!!!Learned (almost) the hard way by possibly reinstalling FS2004.Kind regardsJames

An easy way to see if your fs9.cfg is porked is to rename it. FS9 will re-create it the next time it's run, if "fs9.cfg" is not found, with everything reset to defaults. You can then, with some clever Notepad copy/pasting, restore your joystick button/axis settings manually.Anytime the sim starts acting weird, this is the first thing to try - it takes less than five minutes and you can always restore "your" version of the file if that doesn't address whatever problem you're having.Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest PoRrEkE

ain't that the Nr 1 rule .. not only for FS but M$ stuff in general :(Ok, ok, computer related software stuff in general ;)Good to hear you're back on track without having pulled out your hair out of stress or even have fs reinstalled.It's always a victory though having a fresh install is never a total loss ...Nuf said