Sign in to follow this  
Guest LambisGr

12 stage rotary with FSBUS

HelloI have some dual rotarys 12 stage from grayhill.I want to use them for my Radio Nav Panels.But those rotarys have buildin connection the follow pins.1-4-7-102-5-8-113-6-9-12when i connect the rotary and turn it right working good but when i turn it left the value in flightsim go 2 step back 1 step front.--------The fsbus needs the follow pins1-5-92-6-103-7-114-8-12It is possible to make those rotarys to work with FSBUS?LambisGreece

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sounds like you need a rotary decoder for that, as you will need to convert from a 3 pin set-up to a 4 pin set-up. I'm not sure if REDEC covers these, but it may be worth looking at.Either that or you disassemble the rotary and separate the pins. This does mean you'll have to manually bridge the pins as per the FSBus setup, but if you can do this it'll be cheaper than buying/making a board to convert the signals.

HiFinaly i disassemble the rotary and change the inside bridges of the pins.Now is working good.ThanksLambis

Hi LambisCan you post the P/N of the Grayhill Encoder. Maybe helpful for people in the future who may have this rotary and not sure what to do.ThanksGaz

Hi Is rotary switch not rotary encoder and the P/N is 71AY232274.Lambis

Thanks for that Lambis. Meant to write switch but have encoders on the brain at the moment :)Gaz

Hey Guys,Lambis, could you show how you rewired the rotary switch to make it work please?Regards,Brad Heller.

Hi >>could you show how you rewired the rotary switch to make it work please?the only think that i make is to open the switch and remove the small very small parts that are not need any more.With the normal rotary switches this process is not need it.Lambis