Sign in to follow this  
Guest pwapilot

CH Yokes and "pots" question

Guest pwapilot

HiI wanted to know if it is possible to use 2 CH yokes at the same time in MSFS. (ex One for the flight controls and one for modified throttle, and buttons)Someone told me that they have to be recognized as 2 seperate devices, but I can't seem to change the names of them.One more question....What you guys call "pots"- if I wanted to make a throttle quadrant out of them, how do I connect them to the computer? Sorry if all these questions have been asked- I did a searchThank you in advance, pwapilot

Windows should be able to handle two instances of the same device at the same time, so one yoke as a yoke and one hacked one for other stuff shouldn't be a problem. To wire your own, Gameport is easy.... here's the wiring diagram for a basic system....Pin No. Signal Name1 + 5 Vdc 2 Joystick A, Button 13 Joystick A, X Axis4 Ground 5 Ground6 Joystick A, Y Axis7 Joystick A, Button 2 8 + 5 Vdc 9 + 5 Vdc10 Joystick B, Button 1 11 Joystick B, X Axis12 Ground13 Joystick B, Y Axis14 Joystick B, Button 2 15 + 5 VdcWiring all of those will give you four axes and four buttons. Richard

Guest LeoL

Windows will recognize up to 16 game controllers. They can all be the exact same, but it would get confusing if they all share the same name. So yes, you can connect 2 CH yokes (unless their drivers prevent it).To build yourself a throttle you can connect pots to a PC using a Sound Card midi port, an old ISA game card (if you can find one), a Gameport to USB adapter (Radioshack, Rockfire, etc.), hack yourself a couple of old joysticks...and if you're up to it, you can try and clone yourself a MiniMe:http://www.betainnovations.com/hardware/minime_plasma.html-Leo

Guest pwapilot

The problem is in MSFS, it doesn't recognize both of them or even the other one.Thankspwapilot

Guest LeoL

Are they USB? Do they both show up in the game controller panel in windows? Do they use windows default drivers or CH drivers? The trouble might be the CH drivers which might not support 2 like devices connected at the same time.-Leo

Guest pwapilot

I think I fixed it. I assigned the throttle axis on the modified yoke when the other yoke wasn't plugged in. Before I was trying to do both at the same time.Thanks for the help!

If you CH Yokes are USB they will have 50K OHM pots vs. 100K for most joysticks, yokes, etc.Just be aware that if you add pots to the CH Products card they will need to be 50KJohn

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset