Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alkit

where can I find Boeing illustrated parts catalogue?

Guest Alkit

hello everyone,I am looking for the IPC (illustrated parts catalogue) for Boeing 747 classic. Does anyone know where I may buy it (except ebay) ?I need to know a few parts' part number but I found no way to do so on internet. I have searched around yahoo and google but found no way to access to any part number database. I want to know the the 747's glareshield and windsheild part number. Does anyone can give me some suggestion to me please?Alkit

Hi Alkit,For the IPC I remember seeing one on CD a very long time ago for the classic.I cant remember if it was being sold through Ebay or one of the online manual shops or if the a builder had one. Hopefully somone can help you here.Other than that its the old microfilm cartridges...YAK! As for the windshield are you planning on purchasing a complete windshield with glass and everything or just the frame? I can tell you first hand that if you intend on buying a complete windshield that these things weigh an obsolute tone (even just one side) and the airlines use a hoist to put them in place.Gaz

Guest Alkit

Hello Gaz,I would like to buy the CD version of IPC. I tried hard to search it thru google and yahoo. Cannot find anything useful, only display lot of accident or safety report. Please.....let me know if you remember where you see it. I highly prefer CD version than the big book, since I just want to use it instead of collecting it.I didn't know the weight of the windshield, I just know they are very thick with many layers. I saw and touch them in airshow. It is real hard. It would be great if I can get the frame only, it sounds make more sense.Alkit

Hi Alkit,Sorry I honestly cant remmeber where I saw the IPC on CD. Proberbly microfilm will be the best way to go as alot of airlines are parting out the classics. You could probably contact Cathay Pacific and see what they have available as I know when Qantas upgraded there Maintenance manuals and IPC onto computer they had plenty of stuff they had to get rid off and alot of it ended in the rubbish.As for the window frame and glareshield your best bet would be to contact a salvage yard like desert air spares or similar. As the classic glarshield isnt popular amoung builders im sure you could pick one of these up relatively cheap.CheersGaz