Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alex_Law

Lear 45 panel pictures

Guest Alex_Law

Hi,I'm new to cockpit building and I plan to create a Lear 45 cockpit. Have been searching the web for a long time but all I found were blurry, low quality pictuers which cannot help me at all.Does anyone have any good quality Lear 45 shots - detail, full, etc?Many thanks for the help.Alex

Guest PoRrEkE

1 tip for you here ..if possible try to be creative in your ways and try VERY hard to get contact with a real life Lear 45 pilot. If you're lucky you'll find one willing to help and whom got a digicam. Then that person will take detailed foto's like you can otherwise only dream off and he'll give you all the explaining concerning how things work.I worked for 1 year on my Fokker50 without help from anyone. Now I got contact with a Dutch KLM Cityhopper Fokker50 pilot and just compare my previous throttle system with what I got now ...Try sending mails to airports that Lear 45 frequent. Try sending mails to small airline companies that fly these. Be creative :)I hope this works for you!

Actually drop by the office of a company at your nearest airport that charters Lears. Most people who work around aircraft are flight nuts. There may well be a pilot or mechanic willing to give you the 2-bit tour of a plane on the ground.Richard

Guest LGA

Give this link a try, http://www.e-flight.com/l45pit.htm It's gives some good close-ups. Take a look at www.airliners.net and do a flightdeck search. There should be alot of stuff there to use as reference.

Guest Alkit

I took some picture last time when I visit the cockpitlet me know if u need themBy the way, are you Alex Law from Hong Kong?Alkit

Guest Alex_Law

;-)Many thanks for advice and pointers. I've already got the pics from e-flight. That's what I by "small and blurry" but thanks anyway. Airliners.net don't have any Lear panels - been there...Alkit: Yep, if you have ANY Lear cocpit pics then my email is Alex_Law@latinmail.com. And no, I'm not from HK. I guess that in that case I would have beed "Alex Lau" ;-D. My "Law" if from "legal".Again, thanks for the help,Al

I didn't ask in my last post, but I assume you already asked Bombardier themselves what they have that could help you ?If not, send an email to them atdave.franson@learjet.comHe's the PR guy for the Lear 45 and he may well have stuff that would help.Richard

Guest Alex_Law

Once I asked Boeing for some basic info (panel of course) and they simply ignored my post. I thought that Bombardier would do the same. Maybe I am wrong.Thanks for the email. I will use it and see what comes out of it ;-)Best,Al

Bombardiers website has phone contact info too for the PR people under "Media Center"When I was making my GA radio stack I called the PR folks at Bendix and they were very helpfull, maybe Boeing thinks they're too big :-(Richard

Guest ZKSHB

I think Boeing are still a bit sensitive after 9/11. I had some troubles as well, but after being persistant and explaining why I needed the info and getting the right person etc they were OK.Mind you, I am still waiting on a acknowledgement to a query I sent them 3 weeks ago :^)ZK-SHBIf it isn't Boeing, I'm not going.

Guest Alex_Law

LOL!In my case I'd change your motto from "If it isn't Boeing, I'm not going" to "If it's not going, it's Boeing" !.Just a joke - I like Boeing over all "other" liners. Couldn't resist though ;-D.Actually I contacted Boeing well before the dreadful 9/11. I guess that they are simply too big to be bothered.I wrote to the email that Richard pointed to. Hopefully I'll get an answer during this lifetime ;-)Thanks,Al

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

You'll find that Boeing have always been a bit sensitive about their planes over the past few years. I happen to know a few employees who work for a large international firm producing professional multi-million pound flight simulators, and they all tell me just how difficult it is to get information from Boeing even then! So we're not the only ones then :(

Guest Alex_Law

Happy to be in good company ;-DBest,Al

Guest Alkit

hello Alex,Although i think to build a LJ45 is a very challenging project, I would love to see it happen. I hope my pictures would be helpful to you. I was trying to take some pictures in the point of view in the cockpit to the outside, so i didnt use the flashlight.Check this out:http://alkit.fotopic.net/c159979.htmlregards,Alkitwww.alkit747.com

Guest Alex_Law

:-8Great pics!! Much better than anything I found on the net!I couldn't d/l them though (of course - they are protected). Can you please email them to me?Regarding the Lear as a "challenging project". I decided on the Lear 45 because first, I like the plane very much, second, It has a reasonable range, and third, it should be much easier and cheaper to implement than a Boeing. No 7-segment anywhere in sight - everything is MFD's. I can solve all the disply things by using 3 LCD displays and Proj. Magenta new RJ gauges, or even the cheaper Reality XP Jet4 set... I think is significantly less challenging than ANY airliner. Oh, did I forget to say - NO UPPER PANEL ?Thank you!AlexPS: No word from Bombardier yet. I'll give them another week and see what happens.