Sign in to follow this  
Guest Binkles

What Parts?

Guest Binkles

Ok, I printed out the parts list for the com3 for the fsbus and toodled down to my local shop to buy the parts.I couldn't find the transistor T2 - or 78L12.Does this have another name, as they didn't have any part labelled this in their catalogue.I also didn't know what voltage was required for the capacitors, so subsequently didn't purchase the ones that aren't labeled.(c1, c2, c3, c4, c6, c7, c8, c9)If anyone can help with more information on these I would be really grateful.Thanks.Laurence MerraineICQ: 8825540

Guest Binkles

Ok, I've found somewhere that I can purchase the 78l12 so that's sweet, but would still like a hand regarding the c1-c9Plus the pins that I bought for the 2x5 etc are too big, anyone know of smaller ones?

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

As for the capacitors, any voltage will suffice. They're like 1 litre water jugs... You can fill it with half a litre and it'll do the job (ie hold the water). Full it with 2 litres and it doesn't work (ie doesn't hold all the water). Same for capacitor voltages. Most of them tend to be 25v, which is fine for FSBus. The 25v is the maximum it'll hold, but if you only give it 9v, it'll store just 9v. So just pick ones that'll hold more than required. Any help?

Guest mondo

Hi Binkles: I bought .100" male headers in the double row, 80 contact style. They cost approx. $1.35 each here in New York. You can break off the number of pins that you need (ie. 5x2=10pin, 8x2=16 pin, etc.). Most supply houses have the female side of these headers that must be bought in the exact configuration needed. They can be bought in either the housing type for ribbon cable, or of the design that needs to have separate pins connected to a wire and then inserted into the housing. I chose the latter of the two due to room constraints on some of the boards. Need any more help, we are here. Milt

Guest Binkles

Went out shopping again today, all the shops that I can find in Christchurch that have electronics don't have that size header pins, so I'll have to buy a small drill and make the holes bigger I think - same with the 7805 transistor holes. I think the guy who made the board for me may of used smaller holes :)I also couldn't find any 22u 16v capacitors, and I couldn't find any in any of the catalogues from their suppliers either. Is it going to be a major problem if I replace that with another 25v one?Thanks for all the help btw :)

Hi,25V will be ok,you can go higher,if you go to high the the part may be to big to fit your board.If you like email me lesbarwick@value.net.nz i live in ChCh and can help you if you want.Les