Sign in to follow this  
Guest allistah

How to access PMDG 737NG's overhead panels & others?

Guest allistah

I'm planning on building a cockpit around the PMDG 737NG. From what I understand, there aren't keyboard equivelants for all the switches on the overhead panels and a few other systems.How does one get access to those components when creating an interface system (Like FSBus, IOCard, etc).I've heard that ON737 does this but I have no idea how well it works. Are there any other options out there?For those people that are making pits around the PMDG 737NG, what are you guys doing to get around this problem?Thanks for any information anyone might throw my way.-Jaime

Guest Dodiano

Impossible to do it.Roberto

Guest Raafie75

Aparently there coming out with an SDK for the forward section of the aircraft for which they already have keyboards assignments for. Have no idea if they will ever do anything for the overheads or radio section. If they did, they'd make alot of guys happy!Regards,

Guest rahulsh

Hi.I did some amount of research on the topic and found out the following facts based on my posts and other posts on the PMDG forum:- PMDG somwhow keeps very quiet on the query of a simpit interface to the 737TNG, and not too many responses have been received from them on the topic (something brewing????)- The only way to currently map the overhead/other PMDG specific panels is to emulate keystrokes/mouse clicks via something like FSBUS, etc. In this case, for example mouseclicks, you may need to open the overhead on a separate additional monitor to capture the mouse clicks, since the overhead should be always displayed. Obviously, this does not give a good solution, since a mouse click may actually not trigger an event if pre-requisites are not met (For example, the APU may not be started unless either the APU Bleed is open or the left fuel pump is running). Then there is the problem of the outputs (annunciator lights, etc...) as there is no place to read them.- People have tried the possibility of figuring out offsets in PMDG for these interfaces, but I've not heard of any success.- ON-737 is a separate system and will run parallel to the PMDG 737 at most. It is very possible that the ON737 and PMDG737 may display a very different set of situations since they dont talk to each other (yet, I guess...)- IMHO, currently the best way to build an overhead is to use the FSBUS CCC system - after learning how the PMDG737 systems works- For the future, my hopes are pinned on Project Magenta's PM Systems or a complete version of the ON737. Meanwhile, I will develop on the FSBUS CCC...- The PMDG737 is anyway a great buy, regardless of whether it can be interfaced to simpits or not. I did buy it after all the research I did on interfacing it... Thanks PMDG, for a great product.Hope this info helps...Cheers,Rahul SharmaNew Delhi, India

>Aparently there coming out with an SDK for the forward>section of the aircraft for which they already have keyboards>assignments for. Have no idea if they will ever do anything>for the overheads or radio section. If they did, they'd make>alot of guys happy!>>Regards,>SDK is not the solution.SDK is for companies selling products (like CPFlight, Aerosoft etc) and they need to write source code/programming for make theis products communicate with PMDG!So it's not useful for cockpit builders. It's not the same and simple as fsuipc offsets!But...... with FsBus CCC or OpenCockpits you can have whatever you want for overhead and other systems!Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece