Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdfossum

Accurate measurements

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Cos you can shove it into AutoCAD and get measurements and layouts for it in orthogonal projection, which is handy if you plan on building panels to fit :)

Guest PoRrEkE

>orthogonal projection??I can read measurements in 3Dmax as well. And I got panels already. I need this frame to fit what I have already ;)My panels are based on STORK CAD drawings so 100% perfect and real.

Guest mbessler

>Cos you can shove it into AutoCAD and get measurements and>layouts for it in orthogonal projection, which is handy if you>plan on building panels to fit :)This can't e very exact.Not everybody has AutoCAD. From what I remember, it costs several thousand dollars. Thats just not something most people can afford for private use.I know that some people don't care, they just look for illegal copies on the internet. This should not be encouraged through references to "popular programs" on forums like this.There are plenty of other CAD programs, some more or less affordable, some even free.Manuel

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I use AutoCAD for work. I also use 3DSMAX for the same reason :) All very expensive, but if you can get someone else to bite the bullet and buy it for you, so much the better :)Just don't ask what I do for a living, the answer may seem a bit corny ;)

Guest PoRrEkE

I will get AutoCAD next year. It's one of the tools used in school. I now do Multimedia & Communication Technology. That's how I got stuff like all the Macromedia stuff and all MS software + development tools + SDK's etc and 3D Studio Max.Next year I'll change to IPO (industrial product designing) and there I'll get AutoCAD latest version for something like 12.5 euro :D

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Stop making everyone else jealous ;)Of course, you could offer to make up plans for cockpits etc for those who don't have the software! Think of all the kudos :(

Guest PoRrEkE

right !then I can ask $$$$$$$ for it and join the "way to long to read em all cuz boring after a while" topic here 'bout prices are to high and such :D

Guest Erups

>Of course, you could offer to make up plans for cockpits etc>for those who don't have the software!If i'm not mistaken he's already doing that :(Anyway Autodesk and Discreet programs (namely Autocad and 3DS MAX) are available with student licences, for a small fraction of the price.Same version, same program, you only get restrictions in what you can do with the results of the program usage.

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

That wasn't *quite* what I meant!The idea was that if someone had a brilliant design and wanted to share it, but didn't have a CAD program, he/she could pass the details on to someone who has the software and get it done that way. The idea is more presentable and understandable, and helps a lot of other people too. And if it's not too complex (as if any of our stuff is :() there shouldn't be a need to charge for it either.We're a community, we help out, it's just another way of making life easier for the rest of us :D

Guest Erups

My phrase was a joke, because Porkere actually provided me with some usefull designs of his in a matter of minutes :)My points about buying the softwares were for information only.Surely being helped by someone who already has the soft would be nice, but in this case i bet there would be communications problem for people leaving on different sides of the planet ;)

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

You weren't the only one then ;)Yeah, the software is expensive, and yes there may well be communications problems between people around the world... But problem solving is a big issue when it comes to pit building, we should all be used to it by now!

Guest PoRrEkE

Now I remember indeed ... thought you said that I made some sort of cockpit layout design like the one I posted here for someone else ... I thought I had amnezia :DEither way, if someone ever invites me to go to an airport and sit there in any cockpit from 7 in the morning till 11 at night (and provides me 230V power for my laptop) I can do this cockpit in 3D so that everyone can have detailed plans. As all other things I've done up untill now that be freeware fcourz.Only problem I see .. must not invite me to US or Azia of russia .. unless you pay my travel cost :D

Guest PoRrEkE

ow btw, call me a showoff again :Dhttp://users.skynet.be/plipke/PF50HC/image...ll_Frame_01.jpghttp://users.skynet.be/plipke/PF50HC/image...l_Render_04.jpgany freak ever out there that wants to build a F50 can count on all my help + data + software !Doubt though that there ever will be one ..All people are too much into the big jets like airbus & boeing glass cockpit stuff ...Either way I don't mind 1 bit having something unique :D

Guest Erups

>Only problem I see .. must not invite me to US or Azia of>russia .. unless you pay my travel cost :DSometimes they may be cheaper then the country confining with yours :DI remember that once i checked BA online to see if i could get to -don'trememberwhere- to meet one of my favourite authors (mr Peter F. Hamilton) who was haveing a public signing and meeting to answer public questions. Don't remember the place, but should have been in scotland or thereabout.Well i live in Rome, from here to there and back 2000

Guest Erups

:-eekOnly took you 5 mins to do that????????Mr you could really make money with your ability!Knowing how to setup a couple polygons is one thing, but coming out with an entire cockpit in a matter of minutes is another.You are really gifted for such things!I wish you good luck in your life, though you don't seem like you need any ;) :D