Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikePowell

Sample chapter from Building Simulated Aircraft Instruments

Guest MikePowell

A sample chapter from the almost published book, Building Simulated Aircraft Instruments is available as a PDF download here: www.mikesflightdeckbooks.comMikewww.mikesflightdeck.comp.s. Don't be confused by the fact that the cover has "Building Simulated Aircraft Instrumentation" printed on it. This is merely an artifact of the author suffering severe brain-fade from writing too much and working on his sim too little. The book really is titled "Building Simulated Aircraft Instruments", and sadly, the cover really will have "Building Simulated Aircraft Instrumentation" printed on it. :-doh

Guest PoRrEkE

:(lolwill read it tonight :)

Guest David Lee 2

Wow, Mike, this is a nice piece of work and a great resource for the sim community! Thank you so much for doing this. I look forward to purchasing the completed product.David

Guest Erups

Ehy Mike, any chance you're gonna ship it overseas?I doubt it will ever get as far as to reach Italy :(

Guest MikePowell

Thank you all for your interest! With each comment I feel my blood pressure coming down.:-jumpy The set up costs for having a professional book manufacturer put ink on paper for the book are substantial. If I don't sell a lot of these, my wife's going to be feeding me hot dogs and macaroni for a very long time. :-erks Claudio, I'm reasonably certain I can send the book internationally, and I intend to try. The US postal service has a not too outrageous rate that has about a ten(?) day delivery time. Customs fees, tariff, VAT may or may not push the delivered price too high. I haven't looked at those costs specifically for Italy. For other European countries, there did not seem to be any customs fees or tariffs. VAT ranged from 0 to 30% and I couldn't figure out just how it was determined. The web site I was looking at said something like "reduced or zero VAT may apply", but did not explain under what conditions.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest Erups

Thanks Mike.In EC the VAT is fixed at 20%.Theoretically the customs should calculate VAT on the item price, but they often use the number printed on the box which in turn often represent both the product price and shipping fee.In Italy in special, packages with value less then 45

Guest SHORT360

Hi Mike,You know that I am a strong supporter of your work and you can put me on the buyers list.Let me know as soon as you can ship.RegardsRoger

Same for me Mike! I am looking forward to reading what I know will be the seminal work on Simulated Aircraft Instrumentation and even instruments.;)John

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest MikePowell

Thanks for the tariff/VAT/fees/etc information, Claudio. It sounds even more involved than I thought.The macaroni comes in a little box with a foil packet of dry powder very loosely called "cheese". As a college student I could buy it for 19 cents a box. I ate a lot of it. Too much of it. I would love to have some maccheroni, however.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com