Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfgiants13

New to Cockpit Building

Guest sfgiants13

I have, and I haven't found great deals. It's already at $41 with 2 days left. I saw one earlier in the week for about $125 (something close to the same yoke you posted). I'll keep an eye on it, but if I have to pay $20 more for a newer one that's not used I probably will. I found one for about $105 on Amazon including shipping. I'll see how it goes, thanks.

Guest PoRrEkE

Be advised that the older none-usb version got pedals allright but no working too-brakes ... at least so I was told ..

Guest sfgiants13

Yeah I found a place to where I can get CH pedals and yoke for $200, so it ain't to bad. I just realized I forgot about a heaset. My computer for some reason won't let the headsets with the two cables that connect to the sound card (the pink mic one and the black headphone one). I need to find a USB headset and see if that works. I'm looking for one that someone resembles a real headset, and is less than $120 (I don't think that's possible, but someone might know). I found this:http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/e...0032/prod440040It's not realistic looking, but it'll work for VATSIM. If anyone can help me on choosing a good cheap headset, please post.

Guest sfgiants13

Heh, I wasn't paying attention. There was also one for 60 that looks the same and works nonetheless. It may not have as many features, but it works. If I can't find a more "airline" looking one I'll just get that.

Guest PoRrEkE

If you ain't got the pink and light-green (here) jacks for speakers & mic in the back or front of your pc .. you might want to get an 10$ soundcard and plug it in your computer. You may have on-board sound .. I got that on my P4 2.4 here but I got the jecks none the less. What I didn't have is a gameport so just sliding in a cheep PCI soundcard without disabeling on-board sound did the trick.

Guest sfgiants13

I've got the 3 jacks in the back on (I believe) the soundcard. My dad got it from a local company, so I'm not sure what kind everything is. But do you think those are decent or is there a more realistic one available that's not too expensive? I also need to make sure they take returns in case it doesn't work on my computer. Everything else that I use via USB works, so I hope the headset will work even though it didn't using the soundcard

Guest PoRrEkE

if you got the 3 jacks then you can use them with a normal headset.pink = miclight-green = headphonessure USB might be more conveniant cuz it allows for a couple more options and I guess for digital sound .. not sure if that makes that much difference though.check the price & compare.

Guest sfgiants13

Thanks. I guess I'll just browse around and find something. I think it's something with the sound card, because I've tried every configuration possible with the 3 jacks, and settings on the comp, and it just won't work. I know the set works cause people at BestBuy tried it for me, and it works fine with the 3 jacks on my labtop.