Sign in to follow this  
Guest Capt_Static

HorizonFlightSimulation.com

Guest Capt_Static

Has anyone been able to contact horizonflightsimulation.com ? I sent them two e-mails to sales@horizonflightsimulation.com over the last week asking for information about one of their products, but have not heard back. Now this morning it appears that their DNS is not working. I can't locate Mike and Dave's personal e-mail, but that would not be very appropriate anyway.So, has anyone else had any luck with them or sould I keep looking elsewhere?

Guest PoRrEkE

Are you interested in those ? Omg their prices are pure madness.People can say whatever they want but if there are 2 companies which I would accuse of making to much % proffit, it should be this one and PFC.

Guest Capt_Static

Thanks, but can you please save the cheap-shots for someone else and not use them at my expense. ;-)I just wanted to know if anyone had successfully contacted them... that's all.

>>People can say whatever they want but if there are 2 companies>which I would accuse of making to much % proffit, it should be>this one and PFC.I have to respond to this, as a current owner of the PFC avionics stack and previously their Cirrus II console.As *most* people will realize, flight simulation hardware is very specialized stuff and the manufacturers don't sell 10,000 examples - probably way less than 1000 a year of any given product. As such, it's not a commodity item and we have to pay the price for that.I have flight sim hardware devices from GoFlight, Flight-Link, and PFC - it's all good stuff but the PFC avionics stack (combined with Pete Dowson's wonderful driver for it) makes for an incredibly realistic avionics experience in FS2004 (and its younger, dumber brother X-Plane). Every single section of that stack works just like the real thing except for the GPS module, and that's primarily due to the fact that the FS2000/2002 "GPS" panels are not really GPSs as much as they are moving maps. I could do without all of my FS hardware if I had to (and go back to using the keyboard and mouse - the horror!), but the PFC stack would be the last thing to go.I have been to the PFC facility, and I don't see anyone driving Ferraris or sporting expensive watches. It, like Flight-Link, is more of a family-run business than a corporate megopolis. I think if you saw their profit margin numbers (which I'm sure are confidential) it would make you a little less critical of their pricing.Now, don't get me wrong, I wish I could have LED or plasma display readouts and knobs for every avionics function for $500, but it doesn't exist from *any* manufacturer... I love GoFlight's stuff but if you were to add up enough modules to equate to the PFC stack's functionality the price points would be very close. And - the PFC stack requires only a single serial interface - not two or three 7-port USB hubs (and power supplies) to make it all work.Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack