Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tomlin

Order of construction

Guest PoRrEkE

allow me to re-organise your list:I. Yokes and Rudder PedalsII. Center PedestalIIbis. Throttle QuadrantIII. Pedestal panels functionality (radio stack stuff)IV. MCPV. Sim Shell (frame)VI. MIPVII. Overhead PanelVIII. Sim Shell (part 2: furnishing)Motivation:Flight controls are main input so .. why not first.Second most importat input is the TQuad so why not second with the pedestal.Then you will want autopilot control for handling cruise flightAfter that I think building a frame or at least the (often seen) "rack" in which you'll put your displays and to which you attach MIPThen make MIP. Making MIP first has no use if you can't hang it ..After that overhead panel. Some people like the overhead cuz it got lots of switches but in fact I realise now that the overhead is boring. You only need it for startup & shutdown. That's it. So doesn't add much to the actual flying (1) and (2) an overhead panel in FS can be shown/hidden on startup easely cuz you're not flying or moving at all anyway.After that finish off the sidepanels & roof.

Guest Tomlin

No, yokes and rudder pedals wont be first because I dont have room for them, especially since they will be linked. The reason why Im building the Center Pedestal first is because once the throttle quad is built, I have hardware (verses mouse or keyboard) control over Throttle, Flaps, Spoilers, comm radios, nav radios, FMC, transponder. In fact, this could be so useful, that if somthing happened and I was put off even longer on the project, I could use that component for quite a while until other parts are built.

Guest PoRrEkE

I know 'bout the pedestal ;)It was my first part to build also.But I didn't start on the yokes and made them work only after some time. While now I see that this is what you will be flying with and .. what do you fly with now ? A joystick ? You will notice in time that yoke + pedals give a big difference to flying Sim.

Guest Binkles

I have a saitek joystick combo and have decided to do the MCp first, for the simple fact that it has a variety of different switches etc that I want to learn how to use first.next I want to work on the radios, then the throttles, pedals, and then yoke, but the yoke will be dependent on room.

Guest migzz

this is my order of construction:I. center pedestalII. MIPIII. throttle quadrant/rudder/yoke (I made them in the same period simply because they include cutting and bending of metals)IV. MCP (MCP electronics & pedestal electronics)V. overhead (including electronics)VI. displays & computersVII. house cleaning (hmmm...)good luck...