Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray51

Building a 737NG throttle

I have completed the planning stage for my throttle. the "features" are:throttle and thrust reverser operation for each engine (independantly)Thrust reversers interlocked to prevent use unless throttles idle.thrust reverser must be off/down to advance throttle from idleTOGA and A/T disconnect buttons for each throttlethrottle will move to correct postion for A/T thrusttrim can be set by using trim wheelsTrim wheels will move when trim in motion. (by switch, and autopilot)trim indicator will show current trim setting of aircraftSpoiler lever will move when autospoilers deployworking parking brake lever and light.working fuel cutoff switches for each enginestabilizer trim switches (normal and cutout)backlit lettering for night opsI even have the horn cutout switch (don't know what to do with it since it doesn't seem to be modeled)The throttle will look about 80% correct. I had to guess on some dimensions so I set them to my liking. The materials are easy to find but the cost does add up, but NOWHERE close to the $3,000.00 I have seen for sale on the internet. I will try to get the plastic handes engraved but that may be beyond my ability at this time. I use 4 stepper motors to move the controls for auto operations. The thing ends up being a small computer that look like a joystick to the compuetr for a plug and play operation via USB. As soon as I get the assembly completed I will post a picture. After fial assembly and testing I will post more detailed information. This is my first project like this. The most problem will be fitting the sheet metal to get a "clean" appearance. The color has yet to be decided since in my studies I have found at least 3 differant color combinations used by Boeing for 737 throttles.Ray

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ray!I'm really, really interested in any skecthes, layouts, napkins or whatever you have on the throttle. I'm myself in the planning stages of a NG simpit and you are implementing the exact same things I was going to in my throttle. And maybe I can chip in my 2 engineering cents worth! As well as doing some autocad drawings of your set if you like. ;-)Cheers,

Sounds great, looking forward to seeing some pictures and details.I am building 777 quadrant at present and I am wanting to add the stepper motors to spoiler and throttles so very interested in the details.David

Hello Ray, I'm very very interested in your project...I'm building my own panel...I want to replicate the A320 Panel...Can you say more about your throttle?Thanks