Sign in to follow this  
Guest romeo_charlie

V/S Negative value problem in FSBUS

Guest romeo_charlie

Hello,Has anyone been able to get around the issue with FSBUS not displaying negative values (descend of Vertical Speed on 7-segment displays?When I turn my V/S wheel doen below 0, I get stuff like 65435, instead of -200.Does this thing also happen to the rest of FSBUS users?Regards,R.C.

Guest SHORT360

I have the same problem with IOCARD. It is not harware related but rather has to do with FSUIPC offsets and variables but I cant tell you more because that's what I understood si far and the rest is like chinese for me.Probably will we get an answer here.RegardsRoger

Hi,It is not an FSUIPC problem but the problem of software such as IOCards (and FSBUS? don't know, I only have experience with IOCards...) that do not handle signed integers well. A program like FSLCD for instance is quite capable of displaying positive and negative VS...I have solved the issue by writing my own FSUIPC value conversion program. In this case it reads the VS from FSUIPC regularly, takes the absolute value and stores it at a free place in FSUIPC for IOCards to handle it. If VS is negative, then my program sets a flag in a status word. That flag is used by IOcards to control the minus segment of the 7-segment display, via a IOCards Master Card output.You can see a picture of my solution at my website, www.nicokaan.nl, ils page, at the very bottom (takes a while to load I'm afraid). Use the link at the top of that page to the section about how I solved the minus sign...Cheers!Nicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpg

Guest nauwa

I don't have any problems with negative value to be shown on the VSI,On the display setup I just set min value to -9000 and max value to 9000It works OK for me at least.

Guest mondo

I also have no problem with FSBUS and negative displays..the vertical speed indicator displays a negative (-) value once passing zero on the downside. The altitude display does the same thing...noone wants to fly at negative altitude anyway. I have the minimum and maximum values both set to zero (0). I don't know if this makes a difference or not..but it works just fine. Milt

Hi,Are you referring to the VS of the Auto Pilot or the Actual VS?I had problems with the Actual VS...Regards,Nicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpg