Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Ambitious Cockpit Project

Well after following these boards for the last 6 months and wanting to build a flightdeck for what seems like forever I finally decided to pick the plane and start the research. So what did I choose...the amazing Boeing 787 (Specifically the 787-300).I

Guest alexlaw

You are hereby certified as OFFICIALLY CRAZY. Just like everybody in this forum!Welcome to the hobby.

>Let go, Luke, come over to the Dark Side......No please, try to build so that everything is "flyable" as much of the time as possible, and stay on the light side :) So build by modules (yoke, pedals, throttles, MCP etc at a time) and bolt them to the cockpit once you have planned and built it. This way you wont realize after 4 years that you will have the first flight in 2 years, and your plan of making *flying more realistic* just took an effective 6 year break.. :) (it's not just a joke)//T

Guest ekezz

Hey Badge, Crazy or not, it is a fantastic project. If it will look anything like the website you built, success guaranteed. The day/night switch is a nice touch.Now I hope you will be able to make/find parts for this new crate.Have fun! :-cool

Thanks guys, the actual buildign a little ways off. I am moving to Texas to start a new job with company that designs interactive training materials for commercial pilots and one of their latest contractswas for several 787 products so I am looking forward to it. Right now its all about information and research. Ive wanted to build a cockpit since I was very young when I got a chance to play in a full 707 mockup at a local museum. I knew from those days that one day id have a full setup of my own.