Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Vertical Speed Problems in FS2K2

Hi everyone,I am having problems with FS2K2 and vertical speed indication. On all my aircraft including the default ones I am not getting the correct VSI relitive to actual vertical speed. For example when I use say the 737 I rotate, gear up, set AP on then I usually set a climb rate of 2000fpm on the vsi. When I hit the VS on the autopilot the jet just pitches up and up until it stalls, the ias is fine as I am well inside the envelope for a vs of 2000fpm. If I reduce the vsi to say 300fpm the jet will climb (slowly). The vertical speed indicator is not showing what the aircraft is actually doing. Last night I deleted the FS2K2 config file and restarted again so it could build a fresh one. Tried to fly a standard departure and again the VS is performing really badly. I cannot get aircraft to climb as they would in the real world and even at 300fpm my airspeed is just fading away. I cannot get a 737 or in fact any jet/prop to climb above FL100 without stalling.Sorry guys if this sounds a bit all over the place but its pretty difficult to explain. Am I missing something (a patch). I have had FS98/2K and never had VS problems. Hope someone out there can stop me from going crazy. Thank you all in anticipation.RegardsSi JonesEGDY

You mention putting the gear up, what about the flaps? Also what takeoff flap setting are you using, more than 5deg is probably to much?