Sign in to follow this  

Please apply this fix to the main page for MSIE 5.2.1 o

Since noone responded to my previous post, I decided to fix the code myself. In the main page's source, please modify the countdown script as follows:else if (document.all||document.getElementById)crosscount.innerHTML="" // ADDED, FDj to fix for MSIE 5.2.1 for Mac OS Xcrosscount.innerHTML=opentags+dday+ " days, "+dhour+" hours, "+dmin+" minutes, and "+dsec+" seconds left until "+occasion+closetagsThe innerHTML needs to be cleared before setting it anew to work around a bug in this version of MSIE. There are still weird effects with the script, but it's much better than it was.Thanks,Florian

Guest Matt Johnson

Thanks, Florian!I did note your original response and sent a couple of dispatches to folks running MacOSX (although with MSIE 5.1.x) and did indeed replicate your issue, although I had thoroughly no idea how to fix it!Many thanks for your patch. I'm applying it right now to the places where that script is used.Regards,--M

While we're at it here goes the whole code with the fix mentioned above plus a fix which displays "1 second" instead of "1 seconds". Also fixes for the minutes, hours, and days... ;-):-rotor Dave<script language="JavaScript1.2">function setcountdown(theyear,themonth,theday){yr=theyear;mo=themonth;da=theday}setcountdown(2002,09,13)var occasion="The Flight Simulation 2002 Convention!"var message_on_occasion="See you at the Convention!"var countdownwidth='400px'var countdownheight='30px'var countdownbgcolor='navy'var opentags='

'var closetags='
'var montharray=new Array("Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec")var crosscount=''function start_countdown(){if (document.layers)document.countdownnsmain.visibility="show"else if (document.all||document.getElementById)crosscount=document.getElementById&&!document.all?document.getElementById("countdownie") : countdowniecountdown()}if (document.all||document.getElementById)document.write('')window.onload=start_countdownfunction countdown(){var today=new Date()var todayy=today.getYear()if (todayy < 1000)todayy+=1900var todaym=today.getMonth()var todayd=today.getDate()var todayh=today.getHours()var todaymin=today.getMinutes()var todaysec=today.getSeconds()var todaystring=montharray[todaym]+" "+todayd+", "+todayy+" "+todayh+":"+todaymin+":"+todaysecfuturestring=montharray[mo-1]+" "+da+", "+yrdd=Date.parse(futurestring)-Date.parse(todaystring)dday=Math.floor(dd/(60*60*1000*24)*1)dhour=Math.floor((dd%(60*60*1000*24))/(60*60*1000)*1)dmin=Math.floor(((dd%(60*60*1000*24))%(60*60*1000))/(60*1000)*1)dsec=Math.floor((((dd%(60*60*1000*24))%(60*60*1000))%(60*1000))/1000*1)//if on day of occasionif(dday<=0&&dhour<=0&&dmin<=0&&dsec<=1&&todayd==da){if (document.layers){document.countdownnsmain.document.countdownnssub.document.write(opentags+message_on_occasion+closetags)document.countdownnsmain.document.countdownnssub.document.close()}else if (document.all||document.getElementById)crosscount.innerHTML=""crosscount.innerHTML=opentags+message_on_occasion+closetagsreturn}//if passed day of occasionelse if (dday<=-1){if (document.layers){document.countdownnsmain.document.countdownnssub.document.write(opentags+"Occasion already passed! "+closetags)document.countdownnsmain.document.countdownnssub.document.close()}else if (document.all||document.getElementById)crosscount.innerHTML=""crosscount.innerHTML=opentags+"Occasion already passed! "+closetagsreturn}//else, if not yetelse{var s = dday + " day"if (dday != 1) s += "s"s += ", " + dhour + " hour"if (dhour != 1) s += "s"s += ", " + dmin + " minute"if (dmin != 1) s += "s"s += ", " + dsec + " second"if (dsec != 1) s += "s"s += " left until "+occasionif (document.layers) {document.countdownnsmain.document.countdownnssub.document.write(opentags+s+closetags)document.countdownnsmain.document.countdownnssub.document.close()}else if (document.all||document.getElementById)crosscount.innerHTML=""crosscount.innerHTML=opentags+s+closetags}setTimeout("countdown()",1000)}(Spacing has been added where I put in changes, just for clarification.)