Sign in to follow this  

Flickering textures in FS2002

Hi, I've got some problems with FS2002: Most building textures seem to flicker, and I do not know how to solve this problems. It's really annoying me! I tried to change some graphics settings, but nothing helped. May it be because of a wrong order of the entries in the scenery library, I've played a bit with it ;-) ???I have to say that I did not have this problems in the beginning, they first occured a week or two ago.(See a screenshot of my problem in the attachement, and thanks in advance!)

Hey ShooterDownload Aprnfix5.zip from the library. It's a flashing apron fix to many airports by Page C. Cline.Thanks Page, I really appreciate your work.SteveCYYZ

Guest GerrishGray

The problem in your screenshot is caused by the model having overlapping surfaces/textures in the same horizontal plane with no information to let FS know which one it should be displaying. The designer of the model needs to either use LayerCall() (ADDCAT)prioritization or add a z-bias to the middle surface to provide the necessary information. Or he could just make the middle section of the building a little bit taller than the others.There is no way of curing the problem via adjustments in scenery.cfg - the cause (and cure) lies within the individual model itself.The other type of flickering that can occur is aliasing, when the sharp edges of a well-defined texture jump from pixel to pixel as they move across screen. There is little that can be done about this other than always having anti-aliasing turned on in your display settings, although that is not a complete cure. Some scenery designers (e.g. MS!) prefer to use 'blurry' textures to avoid aliasing.Hope this helpsGerrish

The problem does not regard add-on buildings, as nearly every building - also the ones that were originally delivered with FS2002 - has this problem.Fortunately, I've solved the problem myself: I deleted the "fs2002.cfg" file and now everything works fine. Don't know exactly what the error was, perhaps the file was damaged. Thanks!

Sorry , although pages apron fix is a must have file, it certainly won't fix Building texture problems. :-lol I must have been half asleep when I posted. :-)Glad you got it figured out. :-)SteveCYYZ