Sign in to follow this  

Tahoe .bgl file for contest

I downloaded the tahoe mesh software to use in practicing for the tahoe contest. Try as I might, I cannot find anywhere to put this file. Could you please be more specific as to where to put this file and maybe a description of how to make the file move?Thanks.Buzz Jamesonbuzzmcs@accesstoledo.com

Unzip it to a temporary directory, and then move it to your /scenery directory. The *.bgl will be automatically detected and built into the database and you will be good to go.

Buzz JamesonThanks for trying to help me. Your suggestion didn't work but the following procedure does work.Unzip the tahoe_mesh.zip file into some temporary folder and remember the folder name (I created a folder named C:unzipped where I unzip all my zip files). Go to the FS2002 directory and open the "add scenery" folder. Once in the folder, create a new folder called "tahoe" and a sub folder called "scenery" and another sub folder called "texture". Go back to your temporary folder and look for the tahoe mesh folder that was created when you zipped the tahoe_mesh.zip file. Open that folder and move the tahoe.bgl file over to the addon scenerytahoescenery file in FS2002. Now open the FS2002 program, click on the "fly now" tab and wait for the Meigs Field (or whatever default airport you might have in the sim) to boot up. Then click on World, click on scenery and then click on "add" to add the Tahoe scenery to the list. A window will come up allowing you to browse to the FS2002addon scenery folder. Double click on that folder and whatever addon scenery is in the folder will show up in the window. Click on the Tahoe folder and then, down at the bottom of the window, name the new scenery Tahoe. Click on the button and the tahoe scenery will be added to the list at the top of the list. Click on the move down button until the tahoe scenery is moved down maybe twenty to thiry positions from the top of the list.Now go to where ever you added the Tahoe emergency flight adventure, click on the adventure and enjoy Eddie Dennys great Tahoe mesh scenery.:-lol