Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

New Vid Card..Oh My! Why did I wait so long!!!!

Hornit - Perhaps I should move this to the hardware forum, but since this thread is going here......Where did you get your Ti4200 for $159? Tonight I just installed an XFX FG4 Ti4200 64mb card (from Costco for $146), but the fan rubs on its cooling shroud and makes a racket, so I'll be returning it. (My 3D Mark 2001 SE bench increased from 2820 with my GF2MX400 to 8932 with this card, which I think is pretty good?) I am also concerned that the reviews I read said the new XFX 64MB cards used 3.6ns memory, but mine came with 4ns.I'm still uncertain if I want to reorder from Costco and would be interested in where you got your card. Thanks, Steve J.

Reddog-- Do you have a 3DMark 2001 SE bench for your card? I'm returning an XFX 64MB Ti4200 card that benched 8932 (the fan is rubbing and makes a racket). Also does your 64MB card have 3.6ns or 4.0ns memory?... Mine came with the latter, but the XFX cards in the reviews I read had 3.6ns which overclocked nicely. Still not sure whether to reorder the same card......Thanks, Steve J.

I got a special deal at Monarch Computer, I think it goes for 169 or 179 but happened on thier website when it was on special. Whenever I go to Pricewatch and see something I like I always go to the vendors site and check on the daily/weekly specials usually only found on the net. I got lucky and saw it so i snapped it up! That was a week or two ago I guess. Also I would suggest making sure with hardware that you go with the big names. I did some research about the Ti4200's and had decided on the Leadtek or Gainward product due to thier overclockability and cooling. Gainwards cards just about scream "overclock me" and the drivers even have an option to install a "faster" driver and the WHQL ones. Then it even has an overclock utility with its control panel! Im real happy with mine so far.Hornit