Sign in to follow this  
Guest drobson

Frustrated AVSIM reader

I'll preface this by stating that I am a long-term AVSIM reader. No, I wasn't one of those who got the AVSIM email before the web came into being.... But I have been reading this website for approaching three years. AVSIM.com is one of the few addresses which has found a permanent home in my favorites folder. If I didn't like what AVSIM has to offer, I'd have stopped reading and posting.What has become frustrating of late is the rash of postings in other forums (most notably the FS General) regarding authors or designers deciding to leave AVSIM and the "please don't go" begging and the "good riddance" replies, and the flame war which invariably stems from it.Although AVSIM staff tends to ensure that off-topic garbage goes to the slag heap in fairly short order, I understand that preemptive censorship is unreasonable. I do have to express a considerable amount of frustration with the way things are

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I agree with your comments entirely but may I suggest that rather than have the the thread removed (unless of course it is totally offensive!), let it ride a while, and close it off after 'X number' of replies. Otherwise you get into the same censorship idiocy/ideology that is plaguing another site right now and AVSIM, I summise, is more mature than that!

Terry,If you had any clue, (and obviously, you don't), about what is happening at the site you are referring to--the flightsimnetwork conferences-- you would not have written what you have. If you call "enforcing" the rules censorship, that is your perogative. If you call the efforts of the membership to be able to have civil discussions, that is also your perogative. If you no longer wish to participate at that forum, that is also your perogative. That forum will still flourish whether or not a few individuals believe that they do not have to follow the rules. (And it is only a few who believe that).Darrell Robson(A moderator at "that other forum")