Sign in to follow this  

Problems with FS2002

FS2002 and Windows XP Pro" I have sucessfully used Windows ME for 3 years with FS2002 with hardlya problem. Since installing XP Pro, the following occurs:1)Sudden termination of FS20022)Termination of all glass gauges after 5 minutes of flight4)Gradual slowdown of the FS over an hour, needing a reboot5)When switching aircraft, the panel of the previous aircraft stays put.6)FSNavigator becomes fussy, and will not slow the aircraft down on Final, nor will it allow you to take over manual control by disabling the Autopilot. Sometimes, even though the AP is turned off, the IAS light stays on.Other problems also occur such as violent course changes, and ground impact!Can this all be due to XP Pro? I think not as there are many satisfied users.I have since installed FS2002 on to another computer with Windows 98 and have had no further trouble (apart from the huge job of reinstalling all the aircraft and scenery).I am writing this to let potential Windows XP buyers know there may be problems. Regular other Forum Posts also complain of problems, although we are lonely complainers. Perhaps the hardware in this particular Dell has problems. I had a Computer Science Graduate (on Faculty of California State University) go through the computer with a fine tooth comb, and nothing came up.Also, when I installed Service Pack I, the Sim became inoperable.The worst Bug is no.1, when just as you are going into Final, the Sim bleats, shuts down FS2002 in a flash, and asks for you to send an error message to Microsoft.In total, I have sent them over 30 messages.Let them figure it out; I'm back in Windows 98.(Computer Dell P3 1GHz, 512 RAM, 120 Western Digital HD,Geoforce 3 Video card with 64 K )Please do not become personal in your remarks when and if you reply to this posting. I am puzzled and want help. Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!