Sign in to follow this  
brandon

Screen captures- How do you do it?

How do you do screen captures in FS2002? Do you have to use special software? Is there any freeware out there that does it?Thanks!

I use these steps..it's a fun process for me...I capture the shot in FS by hitting the Printscreen key, then pause the sim.I open up a paint program (I have a few, but I'm partial to an old 16-bit program that shipped with my 10 yr old scanner), and I paste the pic into the paint program.I then crop it.... I prefer to keep my pic sizes to around 640x480, as it's easier to upload them on my dial-up connection. By cropping (as opposed to shrinking), I can keep the detail of the picture's subject. I usually compress the pic at a jpg level of 85 pct... That leaves the pic well below Avsim's and Flightsimnetwork's file size limits....Happy photography!-John

Frank Cubillos pointed out a great program called Grabber2k. Ever since I have been using it I have been addicted... I think its the best screenshot program out there.Here is a URLhttp://www.webattack.com/get/grabber2k.shtmlYou can simply minimize it to the tray and to take a screenshot just press the print screen button and it will take as many as u like. It can also save them automatically which makes it really niceBrandon