Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

ATC simulation?

Guest Moghdad

Are there any good ATC sims? I'm especially interested in one that covers GA at mid-sized airports like PWK. The airspace over the Chicago area is complex and somewhat hazardous. It seems like studying an ATC sim could benefit me.

Guest Dominique
http://www.xavius.com/ has a free download of its ATCC version 1.0 (version 2.0 hasn't been released yet AFAIK). It has a Chicago sector.Even if the User Interface is a little dated, DOS like, it's quite a good sim.D

Guest Toni Rauch

RayA truly lifelike sim is 'ATC Simulator' by Aerosoft and published by PC Aviator. They now have sector disks covering the entire continental USA, and it's excellent value for money if you like really in-depth sims.Only drawback is that they've completely 'forgotten' their European customers by not having sectors covering our part of the world...Anyway, go take a look at www.atcsimulator.comToni.

I have thought about ATC Simulator but how do you feel about the Voice emulation? does the sim sound good to you? have you utilized the voice recognition software that allow you to 'talk' to the software? does that work well?I find it odd that there are no recent review on this sim since its last release and overhaul.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K