Sign in to follow this  

"the stutter bug"

Richard,Have you disabled "System Restore", that can take over your system running in the background recording everything you do.Got to Control panel /system/system restore and disable the critter.It ain't what it's cracked up to be.CheersJulianNZCH

Guest Edam

Dave,You might want to look into FS Screen:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...atID=fs2002miscFile Description:This is a small, yet very useful utility for taking screenshots in FS98/FS2000/FS2002 without having to pause the flight sim, so that you can paste into MSPaint. Developed by Matthias Holzer, this tool stores your screenshot everytime you hit the "Print Screen" key and stores that screenshot in your FSSCREEN folder and it can store up to 1,000 screenshots, while you never have to stop or pause your flight sim!================As for System Restore, it saved my butt after being infected with Klez. (I turn off anti-viral software when playing FS2K2, and wouldn't you know that I got hit with it after forgetting to turn it back on one time.) It's also handy when trying out new drivers. Yes, it takes up a considerable amount of disk space, and many people don't like it, but I don't get the stutters because of it, and it's too convenient to do without.Here's an article on the pros and cons of it, and it can be adjusted to use less disk space:http://www.informationweek.com/story/IWK20020711S0009AS always, it is a matter of personal preference whether to use it, or not.

Guest daves0

thanks much...yes , I was using a screen shot utility before my hd crash...haven't had time to dl another...will do now :)As far as the stuttering thing--why does it seem sound ids the culprit in some nstances, VIA drivers in others, video drivers...its caused by many different things.>Dave, >>You might want to look into FS Screen: >>http://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...atID=fs2002misc >>File Description: >This is a small, yet very useful utility for taking >screenshots in FS98/FS2000/FS2002 without having to pause >the flight sim, so that you can paste into MSPaint. >Developed by Matthias Holzer, this tool stores your >screenshot everytime you hit the "Print Screen" key and >stores that screenshot in your FSSCREEN folder and it can >store up to 1,000 screenshots, while you never have to stop >or pause your flight sim!

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Richard,I've noticed that in FS, any process that access the disk drive for file I/O is pausing the sim (causes a stuter) while the file I/O operation takes place. I don't know if it is "hardware configuration" related, or if it is because FS is so demanding that the OS trying to do both (FS and file I/O) suffers in allocating the available ressources properly. Having said that, any addon that does not take care of taking too much ressources when doing file I/O will cause a stuter. This might be hard to spot the offending addons (could be gauges in a package that save some values in .ini files - such as hobbs from some vendors) or a module that access files. I'm sure this is "one's system" dependant, but at least, on mine, this happened.Hope it helps!

Guest Stamatis

I too had this problem. Turned out it was related to my joysticks.Just in case, disactivate your joysticks completely and see if the stutters stop.Stamatis

hia post at portugal vacc seems to solve thischeck if the IRQ for the graphics card is shared with something else.then, assign the IRQ only to the graphics card.that should do the job.nice flyin and happy landingsPedro Leite"don't take life too serious because life will outlive you""next time you feel miserable, think that your garbage bin eats better then a third of the world's population"