Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Hooray for nVidia 30.82 drivers!

I can now do any type of FSAA and Quincunx on my new DELL P4 2.53Ghz thanks to these drivers. Thanks to those who jumped in on an earlier thread when I asked about the default 27.45 drivers. The 30.82 set from nVidia has cleared the dizzy blurring of gauges in all of the 2-D panels that was driving me nuts.Hope this post will assist others or encourage them to instal as well if they have a similar issue.JS

Guest Edam

That doesn't necessarily mean that those drivers will clear it up for everyone. With all of the different configurations, CPUs, video cards, sound cards, etc. out there, one man's meat can be another man's poison. It may work for some, even most, but for those that it doesn't work for, it's "driver hell" having to go back to what they had previously.You have a recent machine. What about those that have "lesser ones?" Will it work for them? Maybe...maybe not.

JS, if you go to www.guru3d.com,click downloads,video drivers,Nvidia drivers you can get the registery patch that will open the "hidden" options for the 30.xx drivers.Guru3d is the place for ALL of you nvidia needs.Make sure you use windows update and get XP service pack 1 .Iam sure that will help out with any other issues you may encounter :)Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB (41.40)SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP3

I had some lockup issues with those drivers. went back to the 30.82's.Glad they work for you but as with anything now a day's, none of this stuff works for everybody, seems hit and miss.Congrats to you though................Ed

Ed:I guess you are right (sigh!) Yes, with so many PC configs, it is anybody's guess as to what will work best for whom. I thought I'd post since there must be a lot of DELL P4 users out there and I thought this might at least help them. I know there are a zillion Athlon and customized PC users out there too....Anyway, right now I am over JFK in horrible x-winds having a very clear time both inside and outside the cockpit thanks to 30.82 so I am just counting my blessings.Incidentally, everybody should have GoBack. It is a fabulous utility that resets your PC for just the kind of thing such as "driver hell." It is miles more advanced than System Restore in Windows and has saved my bacon many times over and over these past 3 years.Cheers!JS

Guest Edam

JSACKS,Can you explain what GoBack does that is different from System Restore? If it is significant, I may try it out.

First, GoBack functions with Windows deleted or crashed totally. It needs no boot or rescue disk. Next, it is fully customizable in terms of recovery and reversion; you can be highly specific about what to revert or recover. Third, it always works (!)There is more but that's a broad overview.JS

Guest WorkingStiff

So how does that differ from hitting F8 and using a Restore Point in Windows XP?

I don't really know much more in detail right now. I know more about GoBack than XP. All I do know is that GoBack works even when Windows is no longer there. Plus it's fast and reliable. A number of folks have asked about the diff between these two utilities, saying System Restore works for them. I can't say anything much more except that GoBack has always worked well for me.JS