Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Crashes to desktop after loading!

Guest pilotsim7828

Just installed M.S.F.S 2002, After loading scenery, Ipicked the commercial vor app. Clicked on ok to go to the sim, And without warning it crashes to the desktop, Numeorus times What can i do to solve this problem, Please help me out. Pilotsim7828

Did you try to just start fs2002 at the Meigs default flight and see if it crashes to your desktop? Is the Lesson, the only place it crashes?If it crashes in all instances, then you need to determine the basic problem. It could be controller chip, graphics adapter, or sound driver problems. It could be the wrong version of directX installed. Provide your computer specs, hardware and software, Operating system, versions of the above drivers, and anything else you can think about that will help in determining your problem.

Guest pilotsim7828

No it just crashes in lessons!directx 8.1198meg ram6.0gb hard drive98 windows Thank you for the help!!pilotsim7828

Do you visit the Microsoft Windows Update site and install the updates on a regular basis? If not, you might give it a try since new drivers and updates to Windows are continually provided.I tried the Lesson you indicated and thought it had crashed also. However, it first loaded my default flight location, then immediately started over loading the lession. I was finally flying with the instructor talking about flying in heavy clouds.I would also investigate the drivers you are using for sound, and graphics adapter. Also check to see if you have the following audio codecs on your machine under start, settings, control panel, multimedia, devices tab, "+" sign by Audio Compressin Codecs:Microsoft IMA ADPCM CODECMicrosoft ADPCM CODECMicrosoft PCM ConverterIf missing, go to your control panel, add/remove programs, Windows Setup Tab, Multimedia, select details box, check Audio Compression and any other items you want while you are there, OK, and following the instructions (You might need your Win98 CD).