Sign in to follow this  

Ahem! Non FS question for MS/Windows experts...

I know this has nothing to do with FS but the forum is replete with experts and wizards in the PC world generally, so here is my question:I just exported my Outlook express 5.5 Address Book from my old P3 and imported it into Outlook Express 6.0 on my new P4 under Windows XP. But I simply cannot find WHERE in the new PC the Address Book is actually resident on the C: drive. Can anybody assist me to locate the file or the folder where the Address Book actually lives (i.e., where the DATA is)? In the old P3, it was a *.wab file but there seem to be no *.wab files in the new 'puter and I just can't find the Address Book either doing any other kind of search.I appreciate any assistance here (it's useless to ask MS; OE is one of their biggest secrets and nobody really understands how it works--or if they do, they ain't tellin'!)Thanks !JS

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

JS - Look here C:Documents and Settings***YourIDhere***Application DataMicrosoftAddress Book*.wab for the address book. It should have the same name as the one you imported.Trip

Trip:Thanks!One other question.How do you back up your Address Book? Last time I tried on the old P3 with windows 98, it all got corrupted as I tried to copy it to a floppy and made a huge mess that took weeks to fix.Thanks again!Js

I use BackupXpress JS. I just copy it to my other HDD along with the rest of the backup stuff. I always had trouble with the Address Book in Win98 also, but the Import feature of XP makes it a snap to restore. Trip