Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Idea for FS2004 Views

In Fs2002 we currently have:CockpitVirtual cockpitTowerSpot .... views.Now MS are basing all their a/c in the future on GMAX, as these a/c are now coming out with virtual cockpits and virtual cabins, it seems silly not to include another virtual view e.g. virtual view 2.For example, one virtual view - inside the cockpit, and then you can cycle through onto another virtual view in the cabin or where ever one wants to put it.Just seems like common sense to me instead of moving constantly back and forth inside the fuselage to get to different views.Will

yeah.. good idea. btw: how do i move back/forth/right and left in virtual cockpit??? i have figured out yet! i only know the numpad views. (1-8)

Nice idea Will,Would be nice, after setting an AP, to quickly and easily grab a seat out back for ten minutes. I really miss the good old 'flyby', superbly implemented in some of the sims. There's a nice little programme that will add this to FS2K2 but I couldn't get it to work for me (though problems are mentioned in the readme if I remember correctly). Also, I have a devil of a job spotting AI when asked to report a visual and inevitably answer in the negative. I'd like to use some kind of padlock view for AI rather than displaying a tag but I suppose that puts us back in the CFS arena. It would, however, be great to view 'my' aircraft from a nearby AI spot view. It would make for some great screenshots.AFOX :-wave

Hi Braathens,When flying open up your Kneeboard F10. You'll find everything you need to know concerning the VC view keys in there. Hope this helps.AFOX :-wave

Guest cwright

Will, it would be great if FS2004 could 'borrow' an idea from Fly! In Fly!, you can set up a view (e.g. panel or spot) and then assign it to one of 8 keys. Then at any time you can switch to one of the 8 views just by hitting a key. With this feature, you could walk back into the passenger cabin, find a comfy chair and then assign the view. After that you could go for a well-deserved rest without all that tedious walking! But I certainly hope Microsoft make big improvements to the view system. It's hardly changed since FS85 and it's extremely primitive. And it must be the only flight simulator in the known universe that doesn't have a flyby view as standard. Best regards, Chris

Guest JonP01

Talking about fly-by views, that brings back memories of Jane's WWII Fighters. I personally felt this had the most compelling fly-by experience of any sim I have tried.

> it would be great if FS2004 could 'borrow' an idea from >Fly! I had always hoped that FLY would have borrowed MSFS's idea of spot views. With MS, the spot view is more like flying in formation, in which you can see the aircraft react to control inputs independantly. In FLY the camera is attached to an axis of the aircraft which doesn't look as real from a spot position.I actually enjoy the tower view for flyby's. It's an exterior R/C type mode, but then I'm good at that anyway! L.Adamson