Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

Freeware attacks...never ends....

Yes Peter, I probably did miss your point. I just don't know how you can blame MS for the challenges of releasing a new aircraft. If you want complex models it will take complex development. The bottom line is not for MS to make this a simpler program, but for the users to make it an open system. Take the parts you need from a library of developed features. You need gmax people and gmax seats, I need paint ...If we the users, would open up our projects, then every one could contribute. Not just the multi talented few and we would see a boom in aircraft development and features. We are doing it to ourself.An Open system for the physical model is what is needed first. Bob

Guest Stamatis

Hello Peter,"Hence why its important for the developer to use real world pilots on type to convey that feel.My only concern with real world pilots on type is that they dont usually make good testers of flight simulators and dont convey what is lacking well as well as realising that at the end its all a compromise dealing with an inadequate flight engine."I share your concerns. I have found very few real world pilots who have the patience/willingness to sit down for months and work in tandem with the software developer. Unfortunately, I have learnt to stay away from products advertised: "Tested by a real B7xx pilot" or similar."To make it more complete for the freeware developer MS have to look at easing the burdens on aspects of building by creating easy to use and quick tools which removes a large portion of the Einstein Factor."As I wrote above, I agree with you. For those who regard MSFS as more than a game, and I am sure all of us frequenting such Fora do, then what you say above is a necessity.Stamatis